Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am tired of telling people there has to be!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its definitely road related. If you live somewhere that isn't full of potholes and speed bumps, they last longer. If you live somewhere that causes a lot of suspension motion to happen, they wear out faster. When they wear out, replace them. DOn't drill holes in there or anything like that. The car is nearly 30 years old. If it needs a suspension part, feed it. If you've never given the front end a good going over, now would be the time.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Rear end too. Once the bushings start going out your ass end will start to sway back and forth and generally wander wherever it wants to.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Speaking of rear ends, when I purchased the car the rear end was making all kinds of noise.......turns out the rear axle/bearings were shot...I was fortunate, I put in axle savers and the rear end was returned to normal with no other problems. I will however take a look at the front end when on the lift to check those Zerk fittings.
        Originally posted by grandpaslincoln View Post
        Rear end too. Once the bushings start going out your ass end will start to sway back and forth and generally wander wherever it wants to.

Comment

tried those on my car, they puked oil constantly. Gave up and replaced the axles and put stock bearings in there. Problem went away.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            tried those on my car, they puked oil constantly. Gave up and replaced the axles and put stock bearings in there. Problem went away.

How do they work? Are they just oversized bearings or what? I've never dealt with them...when an axle has a groove worn into it I put a new axle in.
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Its a bearing and seal assembly that moves where the bearing rides outward about 3/4" on the axle, basically where the seal normally sits. The seal on the repair bearing is built into it, and moves that outward too. The problem with mine is that the axles were crappy enough out where the new seal sits that it wouldn't quit leaking oil. Maybe if you had decent axles or spent some more time polishing them it would work better.

Comment

Working...
              X