New engine acquired for HO conversion of the wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

oooo shiny

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

How'd you break the engine?
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Not literally broke but overheated, stopped working. I'll tear it down and see if the pieces are still good or sell it for scrap.
          Last edited by BlackVic_P71; 05-22-2015, 11:29 AM.

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Bah, overheating is nothing. I overheated my Battle Wagon to the point the engine was seized solid. I've put thousands of miles on it since then.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
              Bah, overheating is nothing. I overheated my Battle Wagon to the point the engine was seized solid. I've put thousands of miles on it since then.
              Did that once on my '88, thermostat stuck shut, must have been a short somewhere or a burnt out bulb cuz the replace engine light never came on. I got to a stop sign and it went knock, knock, clatter, clatter stall. I was like oh shit I'm F'ed now. Had it towed home, replaced thermostat, had it running that evening. I drove it for almost a year and a half after that before I totalled it, never knocked or clattered again either and ran as good as new.
              2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

TrickFlow valve covers on AFR heads? j/k Just by the description, your engine sounds like it'd be a beast!

I overheated my 292 when the radiator petcock popped on the road one day unbeknownst to me. When I got to the parts store (for another project), I was wondering why it was suddenly really sluggish and pinging. Didn't even know until I came back out and saw what was left of the coolant running on the ground. The temp gauge was pegged at max temperatureI let it cool for several hours and came back with 5 gallons of water. That 292 has run fine ever since.

Packman

Comment

In putting together the first engine, I realized it's not really something I should have done. I know this engine was assembled correctly and handled boost before so I'm ok with spending the money on it(wish I'd skipped the original). I'm gonna go put a few thousand miles on it in the next 2 weeks then begin working on the rest. I know of a transmission shop here that is recommended by the Mustang guys and will be able to build me one to handle the power, the one I'm looking at is "rated" for 900 HP so I'll have room to grow.

Comment

Well, it made it on a 2600 mile road trip to Missouri and back so I guess it's better than the one I put together.

Comment

Wow, I overheated a friend's 305 in his box CapRice and it discarded a rod or two through the oil pan and that was that. Temp gauge moved around like my Firebird's does and I suspected nothing. Whoops, before that it was already down a cylinder.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Where'd I leave off here...
                        I tried out a set of Dapper lights.

I started working on new ones and have them installed now, but another set is in the works, have to modify behind the lights to fit them in but I'll see later.

Both sets function as high/low

Comment

Does the horn tie into the cruise wiring? I read that somewhere but forget.
                          Since swapping to the Mustang PCM, I have had no horn, is it just coincidence or is there a reason?

Comment

yes, but no.

Cruise powers through the horn relay. Losing the horn with an ECM swap is not likely related. The horn relay lives under the ECM relay, might want to give it a look to see if its gone dead. I've lost one twice on my car. It gets water into it and dies.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

On a box, yes. Cruise (At least the steering wheel buttons) gets power from the horn fuse. Every time I forget about that and honk at someone my fuse pops and then I have no cruise or horns. Temp fix is leave needle nose pliers and a few 20A fuses in the car.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Thanks, I gotta check the relay since last I checked, the fuses are all good.

Comment

Working...
                                X