No announcement yet.

New engine acquired for HO conversion of the wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To clean the pistons get some intake/injector cleaner which says it cleans carbon deposits. I suggest you use wood or plastic as a scraper.

The top deck and ex-manifolds you can clean with a scraper, held almost flush to the block with some solvent. or a purpose specific gasket remover. If you have air use the rol-lock scrubbies. You need it clean but not scratched.

The aluminum has to be treated more carefully. You can still use the scraper and scrubbies but be gentle.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
      I ordered it from Ford, to be picked up at the local dealer.
      Yeah, the write-up on here is where I found the part number.
      So much for that idea, got a call from the dealer since they don't have and can't get it.
      Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Where did you order the governor from? There is at one time, may still be a good write up about changing it out on this forum.
      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
        For the trans you'll need the proper governor, or else it will shift at ~4k, way to early for a HO cam. You may as well get a better convertor and at minimum a shift kit too.
        Is there a list of part numbers to search for for the governor?
        fordparts.com let me order the one from the governor swap thread here but then today informed me that it's not available
        Any recommendations on a convertor?

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

It's looking a bit better now...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	E8ZZ-7C063-A4.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	1275864Click image for larger version

Name:	E8ZZ-7C063-A5.JPG
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1275865Click image for larger version

Name:	E8ZZ-7C063-A6.JPG
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1275866Click image for larger version

Name:	E8ZZ-7C063-A7.JPG
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	1275867

Comment

The one part I forgot about for mine. Thought they weren't available from Ford.
            1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I need one of those for my Mark VII. It has a Ford reman trans, but its got the lopo governer. WOT at 4300 rpm, wheeeee.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I had tried Green Sales since they sell obsolete Ford parts and they had nothing, then I googled the part # and it came up with a whole bunch of nothing but one site had it in a list of their inventory.
                This is where I got it, they had listed 3 in inventory but the guy could only find 1, he said it was from a dealer inventory when it closed in 2012. I was going to take all 3 just to have them on hand, I figured I can't be the only one looking for it.

Comment

It's still available aftermarket? Isn't it?
                  1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I cleaned the tops of the pistons today

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Now to pull them out to measure the holes and mic the crankshaft.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

TransGo sells the governor separately for $25.97 through Summit Racing. It raises the shift points to approx 5500rpms. The valve body will need to be removed to get the most out of this kit. The reason the valve body has to be removed is because the springs in the 2-3 & 3-4 shift valves need to be changed to raise the shift points in those gears as well. This would also be the perfect time to add a shift kit. You can mix and match the shift kit brands if you do not like TransGo such as a B&M shift kit with a TransGo hi-rev kit etc etc.

Comment

hmm I already have a B&M shift improver kit. Once teh engine goes in the car I would like the higher rev governor. Will look into that. Would like the stock one though as that is the only thing that needs to be replaced.....
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

No problem

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                Now to pull them out to measure the holes and mic the crankshaft.
                                He is of course correct if you want to do it "right". It could work out perfectly fine if you don't touch it but then maybe the engine you got is on it's last legs.

My engine was pot luck but came from a wreck not a scraper.
                                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                                X