No announcement yet.

New engine acquired for HO conversion of the wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After looking closer at the valves, it looks they may need to be replaced.

Does anyone have a correct size for these, also a good quality replacement?

I measured them but the numbers I got(46.9/37) don't appear to have many options for replacement.

Another question - if I were to use the HO belt routing(single belt), would I still be able to use the AC or does it have to be deleted?
    I may want to put something else on there and using that routing(along with having just one belt) would help out greatly.
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

The Mustang accessory swap has been done before. I believe the P/S is the exact same, water pump is the same minus the direction it turns, alt is the same, no idea on the a/c compressor though. Remember everything is is a different location so you'll need to be making new lines for everything, rewiring the alt, etc.... If you thinking about throwing a blower on, it pretty much will need to be done, at least in IMO it's the easiest way to go. I'm swapping to F150 accessory's in my 89 as it will make the belt routing for the KB actually line up.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Yeah, I see that alt and AC are basically swapped. Alt is easy enough to move, smog pump is off anyway so that's not an issue.
        I got the new water pump for my Mark VII engine since that was what I was using it on, I didn't even realize the different rotation but I guess I made the right choice in hindsight.

Does anyone have a diagram of the HO AC lines? If I can simply move the parts to the drivers side then I will, I don't want to lose AC but if I have to, I have enough windows that I can open

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Don't know if you have to go all custom on the lines, but somebody else here said it: "People get really pissed off when your bigass boat beats them in a drag race and it has A/C on it!" (paraphrased)
          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Last time I needed valves for stock heads, I just went to the parts store and asked for valves for whatever the engine came from. 88 Mark VII is what my motor started out in. If the valves are shot, you'll need to re-cut the valve seats too most likely. Possible you'll only need the exhaust valves, but really it needs checking. Make sure the guides are good while you're at it. The valve should not wobble around in the hole with the spring and such off.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Are there any SC box panthers in action on here? I have seen a few in the works but searching comes up with little.

Comment

Not in recent times.

What are you planning, cheap vortec of positive displacement?
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Vortech is what is available, lots of them. I saw 2 KB blowers and by the time I decided to go for one, they had both sold. They sold in 24 hours of each other on corral.

Comment

It's a damp day so I think I'll leave the engine alone, maybe work on the injectors(new seals and pintle caps)

Is there a place to get new TB/EGR studs or does everyone just use a bolt?
                    2 of the 3 intakes I have are missing the studs but the factory manual does say the thread size so I could just get some bolts.

Comment

I harvest them from yard cars. It's honestly the only way save for buying ridiculously long bolts at a Fastenal store.

Comment

What is a good stall converter? There is one here local, claims to be new, was for a fox body.

The company that makes those is right here on LI.

Comment

24-2500 rpm is where the standard HO bumpstick likes to power up... so I would go for that range with an HO - 24-2600 stall. As for the car it's fore, doesn't really matter as long as it's for the same trans.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yeah, ~2500 would probably do you well. Much higher than that and you're wasting power though.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It's a 2500, I think I'll give the guy a call tomorrow.
                              I ordered some new parts yesterday and today, some bolts and some other stuff.

Comment

I've got a question regarding intake. I have seen that a blower can work on speed density but it should be easier to tune/work better with mass air. I have also read about the mass air swap on these cars and it requires a mass air computer (Mustang), is this all correct?
                                I want to make this car run well and will do what it takes to get there, I also want it on the road so I will use a local Mustang tuner.
                                I have 4 MAFs, one that comes with the blower and 2 others I got with an intake I got, and one off my 05 Sport with plug. I would assume the one coming with the blower would make sense, supposed to be calibrated to the injectors coming with it also.

Comment

Working...
                                X