No announcement yet.

New engine acquired for HO conversion of the wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just know that I have a few quarts of MercV in the garage so if I can use it, might as well.
    They don't cover these cars in the book they have at the store
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Mercon is out of production now. Anything that used it has been officially updated to Mercon V per Ford. You can get generic Merc/Dex III compatible fluid though.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I wanted to see if anyone has a diagram or better yet a picture of how the lines all run to the upper intake, there are quite a few connections on there.
        I know there are coolant lines on the EGR spacer, I thought I labeled everything when I took the engine out but either the labels freed themselves or I didn't do it.

I have all new vacuum lines that I'll throw on there when I put it back together, I just need to know where it all goes.
        Thanks for all the help so far guys, I do appreciate all of it.

I'm wiring up the MAF and gauges today, the engine should go in tomorrow or friday. I have to bring the H-pipe to the exhaust shop and have them weld up the smog tube and add the wideband O2 sensor bung so I'm waiting on a few bits to be complete.

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

I have this picture floating around on my computer. I think I probably got it somewhere on this site:
          Attached Files

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

The engine is in, exhaust is mounted through the H-pipe.
            It should be running by the weekend, yes I am slow.

Comment

faster than me. I ended up selling off my HO conversion parts because I hadn't put any of them on the car in 3 years.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Which side did you have the bung welded in on?
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Which side did you have the bung welded in on?
                  Drivers side, that gauge is right there on the A-pillar

Comment

Cool. That is where I am putting my gauge. I never read the instructions yet on the autometer I picked up so I just wanted to see how others have done it.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Is there any ill effect to deleting the EGR cooler?

Sent while running from the cops using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
                        Is there any ill effect to deleting the EGR cooler?
                        Nope.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                          Nope.
                          On a daily driver? Do you just use a vacuum cap on the inlet?

Comment

I routed the small hose from the heater hose down to the nipple on the lower intake and cut the short hose from the nipple to the cooler and just poked it over both inlet and outlet on the cooler. You don't need to cover those ports, but I did it just in case the gasket gets a leak so it'll prevent a vacuum leak.
                            Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

You see, the Explorer intake doesn't have a hole for the nipple that would be the return for the cooler, I just have the nipple on the heater tube that needs to be covered. I'll just put a cap on it and see what happens.
                              I just got a response from Dorman on the Contour dual fan that people here like to use, the official response is that the left fan moves 1006.7 cfm and the right fan moves 1113.7 cfm(2120.4 cfm for both)

Comment

in that case, yes, just put a cap on that with a clamp.

Comment

Working...
                                X