New engine acquired for HO conversion of the wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
    On a daily driver? Do you just use a vacuum cap on the inlet?
    Yep, or leave them open, doesn't really matter.

Capping the steel heater line is fine, my 89 was like that when I bought it. Ended up welding it shut for aesthetics.

Some Explorer lowers do have the extra ports on the intake, some don't, I don't think there's any reason one way or the other, just Ford being Ford.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Forward and back at the same time

I have to figure out where to run the intake pipe, through the hood is not an option, the filter should go about where the battery tray is/was.
      Last edited by BlackVic_P71; 10-05-2014, 07:07 PM.
      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

At least somebody's supercharged Panther project is movin along. *cough Panterra cough*

Packman

Comment

I have everything mostly assembled and ready to start, I know I have the new TV bushing around here somewhere...but I don't know where "somewhere" is right now.
          I had to get a new normal lower rad hose since the one I had didn't fit, that is on the engine/radiator.
          I have to cut the upper hose for SC clearance using the supplied Vortech bypass.
          I got an accessory belt that fits and it is on the engine.
          I put the stock passenger side valve cover on so that the fill neck clears the intake, doesn't look right but it will work for now.

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

very cool! cant wait to see this running!
            Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

I've been at this point for a few days, I have to get a few things figured out then put some oil and coolant in it.

I got the brass TV bushing yesterday, the part listed on the site says that it comes with a clip, mine did not.
              I have to get through to them to see if they send one out overnight so I can drive, otherwise what size does the clip need to be?
              Last edited by BlackVic_P71; 10-11-2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I think it's for a 1/8" shaft and look like this one here: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...le-Bushing-Kit

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I got a clip that fits on the cable to hold it all together, I will keep an eye on it.
                  I added oil, added coolant and hooked up the battery.
                  I tried to start the car today, hooked up the battery, turned the key, fuel pump turned on, tuned to start and nothing.
                  Since I had decided to not replace the starter I figured it was just trying to remind me how stupid I was, then I jumped the solenoid and the starter was ok.
                  I know the fuel lines are probably empty from the amount that came out when I had the lines all disconnected but I think it should have fully primed with the amount of times I turned the key.
                  I have to get a fuel gauge tester or an adapter to use my gauge on the stock fuel rail.

Comment

I still haven't checked fuel pressure but it's not even trying to start, I can smell fuel at the back of the car after trying though.
                    For 1, turning the key to start gets no reaction.

Comment

sounds like no spark, but got fuel. check power to the coil... power to the ECM, ECM ground, that little skinny wire to the start solenoid... check it for power with the key to start... check the ECM relay... umm... lots of electrical to check... and fuses and fuse links of course.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ok, I was trying a few things today and moved the distributor a bit and it started trying to start.
                        Turning the key to start still does nothing.
                        I have spark on all 8 cylinders but 5 and 8 primaries don't warm up so I have to see if there is fuel there.

Comment

I figured out that I had screwed up and that was causing the #5 and #8 cylinders to not get fuel, I fixed that and tried to fire it up again, the fuel pump decided to just stop working.
                          I had planned on driving for a little to drain the tank and then replace the pump, run the new lines but the car apparently had different plans for me.
                          I pumped all the gas out(I had a full tank) and put the dash back together today, I'll drop the tank either tomorrow or my next day off.

Comment

So a new gas tank is on the way, I may run the new lines tomorrow and it looks like my new fuel filter will fit perfectly in the original filter bracket.
                            The under coating is a pain in the ass to get off, good metal underneath but a pain to get off.

Comment

I finally finished the fuel lines today, the tank can go in tomorrow.

New: -8 feed, -6 return

Comment

Nice!!! I asked how you ran your lines in another forum, but this gives a better picture. Pretty much what I am going to do. The only difference is that I will run hard aluminum line from the filter to the engine and then use 8AN braided stuff in the engine and the short piece going to the tank.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X