1994 Lincoln Town Car "Build Thread"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killgore View Post
    I went ahead and took a picture of her today. Still looking for a name, leaning towards Jennifer.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post

packman
      hahahahahahahahahaha

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Imo 3.08's are good gears not bad off the line and you can net around 30mpg with freeway driving. As for the P.I. rear sway bar it's a nice upgrade and will make it handle really well.

Comment

I cant wait to get an aero townie. There is a 90 for sale with the 5.0 im trying to get, just need the $. Nice looking car, and yes, check those valve seals.

1990 Colony Park, with HO swap.

Previously:
          1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier.
          88 CVLX
          01 Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            this with real gas. with E10... drop it all by 15%

My box won't get better than 15 city running that 10% eth crap.
            Too bad the only place you can buy E0 is at a race track.

Gotta love EPA regs!
            1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Yes it is a digital dash and I plan on (if the airbags go out) on getting PI rear springs. I was thinking about putting on PI heads. I was recently thinking about saving up and putting in a low mile engine and adding a supercharger.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                Too bad the only place you can buy E0 is at a race track.
                Not necessarily. http://pure-gas.org/

Hopefully you can find a station near you that sells ethanol-free gas.
                Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 07-21-2014, 11:43 PM. Reason: Cleaned up the format.
                '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

wow... there's actually a place that claims to sell E0 within an hour of me. one. but it's race gas. 94+ octane. There's one station a little over an hour out from my place that sells 87 E0... but that's a 2 hour round trip just for some clean gas. Might be worth it for the Lincoln though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Look into fuel delivery. Companies that deliver heating oil and such will deliver farm diesel and even ethanol free fuel! Dunno how much extra per gallon the delivery costs, but maybe you can get a small fuel tank for storage in the shed/garage or just 3 or 4 5 gal. cans to help you get the deliveries down to bi-weekly, or less, depending on usage. You could even set it up that they don't deliver unless you call/order it when they'll be on a delivery route in your area.
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

There is ethanol free gas not far from me (currently) but is close to $3.70 a gal while regular gas is $3.30ish

Comment

Ethanol-free gas returns at least 10% BETTER fuel mileage. From my reading ethanol gas reduces mileage by at least 10%, so add 33 cents to that 3.30/gal & you're a mere 7 cent premium over shit gas that rots your lines/o-rings/seals. May be worth it.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

So just a little update for you guys. After three tankfuls my averages have been (strictly city) 17 mpg, 18.4 mpg, and 19.1 mpg. In comparison my friend's SX4 only gets about 26 mpg, so I am happy. The digital gauges are very accurate as my gps on my phone only shows a + or - 1 mph at any given point and is generally right on the money. I get new tires on Saturday, going to get them put on at 7 am. So I will turn 18 in the tire shop. I dropped some 87 octane ethanol free gas in the tank a couple days ago (attempting to avoid filling up until I leave for college) and the car seems not to studder as bad at long red lights. I want to get spark plugs here soon, but I'm scraping for money right now and trying to save up as much as I can before I have to leave.

Everything I have read says that the car has a 20 gallon fuel tank, yet if I run the car to "empty" I can only fit 18 gallons in the tank. What gives with that?

Also, say I find a low mileage mustang engine for cheap, how hard would it be to put the OBD2 Mustang engine in my OBD1 car? And would it still boast the 260 hp number or could I expect less?

Comment

the E isn't truly E on the fuel gauge. My analog gauge hits E at 15 gallons used... I've put 19 gallons in before... so there was probably another 1 gallon sitting in the bottom, but that's really too low. You really don't want to go lower than 18 gallons used as the sump may start sucking air in a turn and that can be bad on the fuel pump.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by killgore View Post
                              So just a little update for you guys. After three tankfuls my averages have been (strictly city) 17 mpg, 18.4 mpg, and 19.1 mpg. In comparison my friend's SX4 only gets about 26 mpg, so I am happy. The digital gauges are very accurate as my gps on my phone only shows a + or - 1 mph at any given point and is generally right on the money. I get new tires on Saturday, going to get them put on at 7 am. So I will turn 18 in the tire shop. I dropped some 87 octane ethanol free gas in the tank a couple days ago (attempting to avoid filling up until I leave for college) and the car seems not to studder as bad at long red lights. I want to get spark plugs here soon, but I'm scraping for money right now and trying to save up as much as I can before I have to leave.

Everything I have read says that the car has a 20 gallon fuel tank, yet if I run the car to "empty" I can only fit 18 gallons in the tank. What gives with that?

Also, say I find a low mileage mustang engine for cheap, how hard would it be to put the OBD2 Mustang engine in my OBD1 car? And would it still boast the 260 hp number or could I expect less?
                              Yeah, this is going to suck.
                              The bare minimun, would require a fully dressed PI engine (From oil pan to accessories, to throttle body and air intake), throttle cable, and a tune.

The OBD part doesn't matter. That's the computer/controlling part of it. You can still run your stock ignition system with plugs and wires with the PI motor. Even most of the sensors will still work. You will have to modify the engine harness.
                              Also, you do not have OBDI. You have EEC-IV.
                              On my 93, I swapped my manifold from NPI (what you have) to PI. I did this early to figure out all the rewiring and to make sure everything worked before I went further.

Linky:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Manifold-Swap

And Sly can comment a bit about that PI install in his 93.
                              If he feels like it.

-ryan s.
                              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                              Originally posted by pantera77
                              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

yeah... DON'T convert to OBD-II if you don't have to. the wiring in my car is a clusterf%$&. It works, and pretty much requires ringing stuff out when there's a problem. It's a PITA. Should have just kept the coil packs and tuned the stock computer.

Comment

Working...
                                X