No announcement yet.

WTB door pull strap - tudor, tan, for an '87 MGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my 85' there are 2 large nuts on the back of the door panel holding the staps in place.[/QUOTE]

I need one 2 door strap also. Last time I HAD THE DOOR PANNELS OUT one strap was a bit loose. Those large washer/nuts teeth were eating through the door pannel partical board. I made a piece out of aluminum that fit across bothe ends of the strap so there is like a giant washer reinforcing plate the nuts tighten to. One could now yank the shit out of the strap and wouldnt hurt the door pannel or the strap.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I have a good tan one off a sedan, are the two door straps longer?

Comment

Originally posted by neums View Post
        I have a good tan one off a sedan, are the two door straps longer?
        Yup.
        RyPow
        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
        2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
        1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
        2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
        2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Still need a red two door one.. :\

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
            Still need a red two door one.. :\
            My 82 MGM 2dr in the junkyard might still have them. PM me for more details.

Comment

first year

What's the first year the straps in the '87 were made? I may try to figure out the part number and search the n-o-s inventories.
              1987 Grand Marquis LS two door, trying to get to the 60,000 mile mark.

Comment

I'm still looking for one.

Comment

This is not an easy part to find.

Comment

to the top

Comment

would a 4-door strap work or is the 2-door strap longer?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

To answer your question regarding what year the 2 door straps began, it was 1979.
                        Did I send you a pm some time ago regarding the part numbers ?
                        Knowing what the correct letter in the part number for tan is, that's the problem.

Comment

tudor strap are longer.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thought that was the case, but wanted to make sure as the ones on my car are good and I don't care if I have wrong color parts in that car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                            X