ScottFest Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
    What years does the cluster fit? Do the speedo & trip odo work?
    No odometer in the 140 clusters for 89 and down. No idea about the other years. Also no clue on what year John has but from memory I believe it is an 89 and down style.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

you mean no trip? I'm pretty sure they had odometers, though one may not be mounted to it?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
        It was a feeble attempt at humor. Like I was going to have to pay him $10 to take them. "Ha Ha"
        I got it, It must be a New Yawk ting

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
          aaahhhh!!! lol

Assuming you're selling them cheap, I'll take a pair!
          My buddy here needs them bad... but he wants me to put lift blocks in his springs before he fixes that (and his other suspension issues) he's a youngster...
          Sounds good. I have you in for one pair. $20 sound good?

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            you mean no trip? I'm pretty sure they had odometers, though one may not be mounted to it?
            right, no trip odometer. Hence why one needs a tripminder to replace the missing function
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post

-ryan s.
              Bring an extra pair, if I can make it I'm definitely buying them.
              1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Sorry I forgot the word trip.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Sorry I forgot the word trip.
                  Wha? You forgot the tip????
                  Lol.

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                    Bring an extra pair, if I can make it I'm definitely buying them.
                    I'll have a pair for you as well.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                      -ryan s.
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        No odometer in the 140 clusters for 89 and down. No idea about the other years. Also no clue on what year John has but from memory I believe it is an 89 and down style.
                        Interesting, I didn't know that about the 89- 140 clusters. 90+ 140 clusters do have the trip odo.
                        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Does anyone need Tubines or '94-ish cross-spoke rims w/tires? Not hpps, but if you have turbines, mayhaps instead of steel spares you'd like a silver, matching rim and whitewall tire? 6-7 turbines here, 6 with rims, 4 cross-spoke/lacey spoke '94 era rims, 3 with air-holding tires.

Have a lot more parts I need to inventory, '99 tail lights, 6 disc CD trunk player, automatic temperature control from '99 GM, wiper motor from '94 GM, window motors+regulators (all 4) '94 GM, white side mirrors '94 GM, various all kinds of things.

I have to do an inventory here, but I've got a lot of stuff if anyone needs it.
                          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                            Does anyone need Tubines or '94-ish cross-spoke rims w/tires? Not hpps, but if you have turbines, mayhaps instead of steel spares you'd like a silver, matching rim and whitewall tire? 6-7 turbines here, 6 with rims, 4 cross-spoke/lacey spoke '94 era rims, 3 with air-holding tires.

Have a lot more parts I need to inventory, '99 tail lights, 6 disc CD trunk player, automatic temperature control from '99 GM, wiper motor from '94 GM, window motors+regulators (all 4) '94 GM, white side mirrors '94 GM, various all kinds of things.

I have to do an inventory here, but I've got a lot of stuff if anyone needs it.
                            Maybe you can post photos of the stuff you have - might help folks to decide. I know, getting the photos is a LOT of work....

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I may be interested in that 140mph speedo.

I would bring my turbines off the box if anyone wants them for a little $$ The tires look great on em. Rims are a little rough.

Red tudor, door panels huh. Are they NOS?
                              __________________________________________________

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

John is not on here much but I will answer from memory again. They are not NOS. I believe he saved them from a junkyard.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X