New Guy: 2001 Merc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy: 2001 Merc

Hey just found the forum but I bought my Grand Marquis last December and it had 178,500 miles on it. I drive it pretty much everyday and already put nearly 15,000 miles on it myself. I'm thinking about driving it less and making it a "project car" so any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The only problems I have right now is before I bought it someone broke into it so the driver door has no lock and I have to use the key code to enter. Other than that it runs great, dual exhaust, smooth ride, and I love it.

Last edited by Ren803; 07-05-2014, 02:34 PM.

Where are you located? As for the lock, I would pull the door panel and see what they screwed up. You may be able to fix it yourself and have one less hassle to deal with! Most likely the lock actuator or linkage.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Estill, South Carolina. I opened the door panel up but didn't mess with it too much because it's sometimey. Have to hit the lock button and try the handle just to make sure it's locked. It's rigged but it locks just can't use the key. Eventually I will have to get it fixed though because the alarm system is sometimey too.

I'm not even sure if the alarm is aftermarket or stock. The alarm is super sensitive some days but for the first 4 months I had it I didn't even realize it had one lol.

Swangin'

Comment

Congrats on the car - appears to be in pretty good shape! If you have someone reliable, I'd get the lock/alarm looked at as you want that stuff to work properly.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Welcome!
          Nice looking car you picked up.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Thanks. Not long after I took this pic I hit a deer with it. Only thing happened was it knocked the grill out. Replaced it for 35 bucks.

Swangin'

Comment

You mean the deer hit you. They are stupid animals.
              A huge deer hit my new TC I had in 06. After hitting the car hard, it just looked at me and ran away.

Comment

Yea. I like the way you put that. It hit me. I stay in the country so it ain't uncommon.

Swangin'

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
                  08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                  94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                  73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                  12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                  Originally posted by pantera77
                  Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Welcome! Thankfully the deer didn't do any major damage...
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                    X