whats next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats next

i've already installed the kn air intake, 70mm throttle body, supercoil pack, stainlessworks exhaust, bbk underdrive pulley, and shift kit. im curious in what order i should get my professional products intake manifold, headers, cam, 24lb injectors, 90mm mass air and tune. id appreciate the feedback

Do the intake manifold and headers, then do the cams, injectors, MAF and tune at once.
    Just my opinion.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

thanks i appreciate the insight, any ideas on how i could stiffen the chassis?

Comment

Beefiest swaybars you can get, front & rear. A class 3 hitch will also add stability. Have you done shocks and springs? 10 years old and they could be tired. Kyb gas-a-just firm up nice, the more abuse, the stiffer the ride b/c the gas heats & expands.

Aside from ladder-framing it, that's it.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
        Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 07-11-2014, 06:10 AM.
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

custom springs and polyurethane suspension bits(body mounts, sway bar mounts), oh, and better rear control arms (heinous, metco).
          The sway bars you're looking for are made by ADDCCO.

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

all thats been done maintenance wise is oil changes so i probably need the shocks and springs. would it be better to just go with the gas-a-just?

Comment

The Gas-A-Justs are probably the best shocks for the money, firmest riding too, until you get into $100/shock Bilsteins territory
              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

ok thanks. and are steeda control arms and sway bars good because they have a $900 package with a rear sway bar and adjustable upper and lower control arms

Comment

I'd look at the Police swaybar thickness versus theirs, I do not know the sizing at all, but is 2mm difference worth $700-ish more than rust-free junkyard parts? I don't know how wild you're getting with this, or the budget, but any swaybar is better than none, but thicker is always better. Maybe the $700 difference would be better spent on performance tires? It's up to you, I'm a cheap bastard, but I still spring for the KYBs, personally.

Comment

ok thanks. and im not doing much more with the motor than i previously said, but im getting a paint job and im ordering 18in rims soon

Comment

Working...
                    X