No announcement yet.

Subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yeah... I remember the 2G blink. Be thumpin and all the lights dimming. 3G solved all that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      150W sub runs on a 15 amp fuse typically (20A max). Even the stock alternator can handle that, but as with all 2G alts, best to upgrade to the 3G.
      Well sure but, an 80-90A alternator is what most of these cars got. I didn't have trouble with the original in my CP but, when I was stopped at a light and had the heat or a/c, all the lights dimmed and the turn signal would slow down. There's a lot going on that needs power. Heck, Roadkill proved that you can only get what... 6 or 12 miles on the road on battery power alone with just the ignition system needing power.
      1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
      2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
      1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
      2018 VW Golf GTI - February 2018-February 2021 (was a lease)
      2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - May 2019 (it's road legal!)

2019 VW Golf Alltrack company provided April 2019 - Present
      2012 Fiat 500 5 speed - January 2021-Present
      2003 Audi A6 Allroad 6 speed July 2021-Present

Comment

Originally posted by longroof87 View Post
        Well sure but, an 80-90A alternator is what most of these cars got. I didn't have trouble with the original in my CP but, when I was stopped at a light and had the heat or a/c, all the lights dimmed and the turn signal would slow down. There's a lot going on that needs power. Heck, Roadkill proved that you can only get what... 6 or 12 miles on the road on battery power alone with just the ignition system needing power.
        Yup. Exactly the issue I had. 3G swap solved all that mess.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i will be custom building a super slim box to house a pair of whatever sized subs. its for my dads 84 Vic Wag and im gonna put it flush mount to the back of the rear seats and fire towards the tailgate. will be full width of the seat but will only be around 7" or so thick, basically the mounting depth of whatever subs go in there.
          Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
          Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
          Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Like sly and I mentioned, a 120A 3G will solve all your problems. I think even at idle they can put out 50 or 60 amps which is far superior to the 2G's 16 or 18. No more slow turnsignals, wipers or dim headlights.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
            X