85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    Looking good, so much easier to run those lines while the bodys off! Did you say you used 1/4" for the fuel line? That's too small for the power you are making based on what I'm finding, this doesn't even list 1/4":

* Up to 375HP = 5/16" or -04 AN
    * Up to 550HP = 3/8" or -06 AN
    * Up to 800HP = 1/2" or -08 AN
    * Up to 1200HP = 5/8" or -10 AN

Take that chart with a grain of salt though, a lot of mis-matched info online, however no one seems to be running 1/4 on anything that makes decent power.
    Fuel RETURN LINE Philip.

Fuel sender line will be in 5/16s

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
    The 351 ran pretty damned good as it was, so I don't think this'll hurt. Just don't pull a zoomie and port the water jackets, guy..
    The water jackets are next on the porting list, once I find a Towncar to slicktop.

There will hopefully be some eventful updates tonights

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Good man, just making sure.
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Just watch how deep you go. I understand that its real easy to get water cooled exhaust when porting P heads if you grind just a wee bit too much in the wrong place.

The drilled/slotted thing is often a waste. Done wrong it can really add stress to the rotor just from machining heat, which makes them inclined to warping with use.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          Just watch how deep you go. I understand that its real easy to get water cooled exhaust when porting P heads if you grind just a wee bit too much in the wrong place.

The drilled/slotted thing is often a waste. Done wrong it can really add stress to the rotor just from machining heat, which makes them inclined to warping with use.
          They're dotted and slotted, the Internet raises more of a concern about this than how often it happens; I know of MANY drilled and slotted cars that have no problems, I chose dotted instead of drilled - so that I could retain more rigidity in the rotor in case something such as that was ever to happen, since I'll likely attempt to do some autocross with this thing and will drive it like a maniac when It's reinstated as Daily Driver status. My heads are normal GT40s so I assume I don't have that problem? In all honesty I wouldn't ever buy P heads because the wee bit of gain isn't worth the hassle to me.

UPDATE 2/26/16

Rolled the frame outside and rolled the box back in, I only got to taking off the header panel before I ended up leaving for a little bit and coming back later.

Got home at 8:00PM and worked until 10:30 and just a couple more things accomplished...

Tomorrow, after I get back from picking up my poverty chariot which is 1 1/2 hours away, I'll get back into working on it.. It's pretty easy work, not even that time consuming. I tend to just get in a grind and just keep going until I get bored.
          Last edited by Bobcat; 02-26-2016, 01:20 AM.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I think the original GT40 has a little more meat in there, but they aren't super thick either. As long as you stick to smoothing and polishing you're plenty fine, when you get into trying to hog things out in a major way you can run into trouble. Much of the reading I've done on porting indicates that less is often more anyway. Its more about having the right shape and a proper radius in the valve area than just big-ass holes in the head.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Coming along great Logan looks great

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Alright well here's the update from yesterday.
                I got a couple things done..

The wheels fit the wheel wells beautifully.

Still waiting on my goddamn body mounts, I think I'm going to order them from somewhere else and just get a refund on the ones I originally ordered. Goddamn shifty Ebay sellers.
                Last edited by Bobcat; 02-28-2016, 01:23 PM.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Fuck yeah. Kicking some ass there.

The emblems on the roof (LTD Crown Victoria script) are held on by two or three posts with thin metal washer pushed over the posts securing them to the roof. A good yank should result in reversing the effect of the fasteners or breaking them or the emblem.
                  Last edited by 87gtVIC; 02-28-2016, 06:26 PM.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    Fuck yeah. Kicking some ass there.

The emblems on the roof (LTD Crown Victoria script) are held on by two or three posts with thin metal washer pushed over the posts securing them to the roof. A good yank should result in reversing the effect of the fasteners or breaking them or the emblem.
                    Yeaahhhhhh, I found out that exact thing on the driver's side. Maybe I'll take more precaution on the passenger's, dunno if they're gonna go back on, probably not.

Waiting on my carpet to get here and then I'll start throwing the interior fully together.

Mustang seats are basically set, mounting wise.
                    Last edited by Bobcat; 02-29-2016, 12:08 AM.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

When I removed the vinyl top I removed the entire interior to get to all the fasteners above the head liner and behind the interior sail panels/.
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        When I removed the vinyl top I removed the entire interior to get to all the fasteners above the head liner and behind the interior sail panels/.
                        Mine has been all apart, I took my headliner out to get all that shit out.

I love the bags full of insulation stuff in the pillars.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Wow!!! The box body just drops on the whale frame? No mods? In any event, it looks right as you mentioned.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                            Mine has been all apart, I took my headliner out to get all that shit out.

I love the bags full of insulation stuff in the pillars.
                            You can find those bags stuffed behind the kick panels as well.
                            ~David~

Comment

Makes it quieter. There are even more of them on up-trim Lincolns. The Mark VII has them inside the fenders, which is probably why you find them with rotted out lower front fender corners. They also have one up front and it sucks into the air cleaner assembly if you remove the silencer.

Comment

The other guy who did this...i recall him having some sort of firewall issue. I'm also interested in how you'll join the rack and pinion system to the steering shaft.
                                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                                X