No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not my fault you couldn't afford enough doors and had to go for the poverty model. Half as many doors, pfft.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
      Corners fit seemingly fine. Not the tight joint that is there, factory. But enough to seal. I wouldn't doubt that it would fit.

Nothing

It slid on, didn't even cut any off. (From what I recall)

Update:

Car runs and drives, is tuned for 8-12PSI. Big steam.
      It's got a blown head gasket now, which is promptly blamed on my faulty torque wrench. But it should be fixed soon enough. I don't know if I'll drive it much this year, I'm barely home and the car still needs a good bit of work and lots of money before I want to show it off. Adam @ Pops Racing did the tuning. I towed the car out to his house in Rochester NY this past weekend. Stayed with the Ryan Snyder family which was quite the pleasant experience.

Me "So do you think it's at least a 12 second car?"

Adam "12 seconds? More like 10-11 second"

Me "Perfect, so it should at least do burnouts"

Adam "Uh.. Yeah.."
      Adam is the man!

Comment

Where's the pics of the coolant fiasco?
        By the way, the donut tracks were weak. You needed to go around a few more times.

Too bad it only did 2 donuts before exploding.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

ouch. lol
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
            Where's the pics of the coolant fiasco?
            By the way, the donut tracks were weak. You needed to go around a few more times.

Too bad it only did 2 donuts before exploding.

-ryan s.
            I'll be back

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Hot Rod project's can go to hell in a hand basket and you pour money into the project and it never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentkiller View Post
                Hot Rod project's can go to hell in a hand basket and you pour money into the project and it never ends.
                I wish I had less experience

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I have had 15 years of experience with hot rod projects and I know of the heartbreak of an engine crapping the road and yes you pour money to get the car running.

Comment

No updates.
                    Garbage.

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

..Is.. he dead?
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

What’s the news?
                        2010 Mercury Grand Marquis LS “The Douche” - 70mm throttle body, P71 airbox, 21mm rear sway bay, dual exhaust, Dodge rims, 89K and counting. 4/2018-
                        1966 Ford Thunderbird (390FE) “Fordy McFordface” - engine rebuild No. 3. 11/2016-
                        RIP 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS “Jumba” - gone too soon, 229K. 6/2017-2/2018
                        RIP 2001 Chevrolet Tracker LT “Featherbrick” - gone too late, 156K POS. 6/2016-9/2016.
                        Sold 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - 198K. 6/2016-4/2018

Comment

Here's an update. He put another set of head gaskets on it. Cracked a piston and chooched a bunch of smoke lol.
                          He pulled the engine out and put a 5.0 coyote engine in it (it may or may not be supercharged lol).
                          I bought the 351 engine, and intakes, and currently having it rebuilt for my coupe.
                          Brown_Muscle got the heads and is running them on his 82 LTD-S.

Comment

Yeah what he said. Also it has the manual trans that comes with new 5.0s. I rode in it. It’s fast, and best of all for Logan it does perfect doughnuts and burnouts. Oh and I think he blew up the rear and put some crazy gear ratio in it too
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I’ve seen some videos of the coyote setup minus supercharger and it’s sick!
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                I’ve seen some videos of the coyote setup minus supercharger and it’s sick!
                                Where does one find said videos?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                                X