No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 4wd hubcaps for that pickup. I had a 96 F350 with plow.

Comment

Pull 351W out of F-250 (depending on year, '95-'97 roller block) and install into CV with better parts (go-fast)? Then install 460 into F-250? Not practical for the F-250, but would be fun.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
        Pull 351W out of F-250 (depending on year, '95-'97 roller block) and install into CV with better parts (go-fast)?
        He already has a 351w shortblock for the vic...

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
          I have 4wd hubcaps for that pickup. I had a 96 F350 with plow.
          I think I'm going to paint all the steelies gloss black..

Originally posted by packman View Post
          Pull 351W out of F-250 (depending on year, '95-'97 roller block) and install into CV with better parts (go-fast)? Then install 460 into F-250? Not practical for the F-250, but would be fun.

Packman
          lol.. Have you read my engine build progress..

and the 94-96 was the roller block, that's what mine is.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post

Just start calling him everyday and reminding him. He loves when people do that
            yeah I don't have his number I don't think. I'm not real motivated to drive it up there at the moment anyway. If a trip to NJ to deliver the whale happens, then maybe we should talk.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Truck appears to be rust free?

Is it a stick?

Needs a D60 swap, and white steelies with agressive treads.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                Truck appears to be rust free?

Is it a stick?

Needs a D60 swap, and white steelies with agressive treads.
                Rusty but no frame rot. Driver's cab corner and floor. Sadly isn't stick. It's a choked out 351 that stalls at WOT and can't climb hills... Trying to figure that out..
                the EGR tube was non-existant. Manifold had this tub coming from the back that came up to the top of the engine in the rear, not hooked to anything.. Hmm.. Has 4 new plugs and wires (Haven't gotten to the rest yet)..

Picked up a new tire for the 06, used Pirelli scorpion. Likes to spin alot easier than my BFGs.. One tire is starting to show threads on the inside. Car is sold and I told the guy that I'd atleast fix the shredded tire. Plans to put snows on it anyways.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

check for a melted converter. That will make it do that stuff. For extra fun, the test is to unbolt the exhaust an go for a rip. If it doesn't find the problem, at least its fun.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                    It's a choked out 351 that stalls at WOT and can't climb hills... Trying to figure that out..
                    Sounds a lot like my family's '79 250. Still haven't figured it out. Trying to sell it to somebody who actually knows what they're doing, and has money to do it. Ours works fine up to about 35-45mph, but stalls if you give it too much. As the engine warms up, it stalls lower and lower until it won't run at all.

Looks like a nice truck, a lot better shape than ours and probably much more worth fixing.

1995 Grand Marquis GS
                    - 156k miles, three-tone until I find my paint
                    1990 Toyota Camry DX - 211k miles, someone else's future barn find
                    1994 Saturn SW2 wagon - wife's car

I'll make it fit.
                    I own hammers.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      check for a melted converter. That will make it do that stuff. For extra fun, the test is to unbolt the exhaust an go for a rip. If it doesn't find the problem, at least its fun.
                      It'll do it when it's just sitting there in park.. I believe it to be a TPS and maybe the timing is way off? Fuel pump could be bad? So much to check... No time..

Originally posted by rezwrrd View Post
                      Sounds a lot like my family's '79 250. Still haven't figured it out. Trying to sell it to somebody who actually knows what they're doing, and has money to do it. Ours works fine up to about 35-45mph, but stalls if you give it too much. As the engine warms up, it stalls lower and lower until it won't run at all.

Looks like a nice truck, a lot better shape than ours and probably much more worth fixing.
                      Yeah it's dented up but it's a truck and it was bought to use as a real truck.. Just needs to run right.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

When was the fuel filter last changed? Clould be clogged up, acts like it does with a clogged cat, could be either, those are the first two I check when it's bogged down.
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I've been planning to bang on the cat or just take it off to see if it'll run better.. It's got brand new fuel lines and a fuel filter from the last owner..

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

pressure test would tell it too. if the line inside the tank is cracked or the pump is half shot, you'll see it.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              pressure test would tell it too. if the line inside the tank is cracked or the pump is half shot, you'll see it.
                              I'm pretty dead set that it's the EGR tube that I'm waiting on the parts store to get in. I'd assume that'd make it run quite shitty. Guess we'll see.

` Lapped the valves on the 'new' 40 heads, they already have new springs, valves and seals. They weren't too bad but I lapped them anyways.
                              ` Chased the head bolt holes out on the shortblock, need to go buy a helicoil for one that was stripped by the past owner..
                              ` Installed one head, oiled the bolt heads and followed proper torque pattern and specs. 351 - 95lbs 302 - 65lbs must be all that power, needs to be contained y'know?
                              ` Painted most of driver's front portion of frame rails with gloss black.. Pretty.. still need to do passenger's side and disassemble the LCAs and UCAs

May go to the salvage yard tuesday since no school (woo...) See about a 79' wagon they got in that's untouched. Then may go to another salvage yard to pickup BB parts..

Raw thoughts, don't mind my rambling
                              __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

351's have larger bolts. 1/2" vs 7/16".

Comment

Working...
                                X