No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3G swap really is not really expensive, especially if you get one from the wreckers. Also, it is very easy to install, since you originally had a 1G alt. After my episode in december, I should have done it to both my 1G boxes. I already have one waiting to go into GMGT.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
      Ahh and there's about an 100ft tire track at the end of my road. Even from a rolling 30mph it'll light up the one legger, in second gear.
      That was me, and you know it...

Looks good to me. At some point I will have to come out that way to see it.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
        3G swap really is not really expensive, especially if you get one from the wreckers. Also, it is very easy to install, since you originally had a 1G alt. After my episode in december, I should have done it to both my 1G boxes. I already have one waiting to go into GMGT.
        Yeah... But I'm shit all poor after this. I've got to find a job and my F2-shitty is tired. I gave it to my dad, since he loves it for some reason. I haven't had transportation for a few weeks. Desperately need a 1g.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
        That was me, and you know it...

Looks good to me. At some point I will have to come out that way to see it.
        Sadly, yours is faded away and replaced by two long ones that were created by my buddy's LS1 GTO.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

alternators are easy. hook that shit up already.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            alternators are easy. hook that shit up already.
            Well looks like Nick had a 2g laying around in his box of big block parts. I traded him the mudders that originally came on my truck for it.

Now it lost spark while driving down the road tonight. I was slamming on the brakes, because that was making the radio come on and then gently rolled to a stop and it stalled. It cranks and cranks, no spark. Pushed it home with a buddy and started doing a quick check over.

MSD box has power and a ground.
            No fuses blown.
            Coil isn't getting anything
            Jumped the distributor leads from the box and tried to ground the coil, nothing.
            Checked my ignition wiring, all seems well
            Neutral safety switch wiring looks fine. (I'm going to check that farther tomorrow i guess.)
            Kill switch is fine.

I was messing with the starter solenoid wiring at the end of my street and it coughed for a second and then nothing since then.

Yes, it's getting gas.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

did the ignition switch in the column fall apart? Flaky radio goes along with that.

If the I terminal isn't in use on the starter solenoid, it will not have spark when cranking. Make sure you didn't knock that off. Won't affect key-on anything but there will be no ignition power in the start position without that.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well it happened to be that the distributor ate its gear.. "Man all the ignition is working properly, that could only mean... Goddamnit."

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Bummer, any damage to cam?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                    Bummer, any damage to cam?
                    Not that I saw, when I checked. New Bronze one is ordered for monday.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Flush that engine out nice and good. Never good to have bits of metal flowing around.
                      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

you got the wrong gear. Steel goes with roller cams, iron goes with flat cams. If you lost a gear, it sounds like an iron gear on a steel cam. be glad its not the other way, replacing camshafts is more of a pain in the ass. I'd put the proper steel gear on rather than the bronze. I can't help but imagine it will wear better.

Comment

I was going to post...bronze?! what uses a bronze gear??
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

some poop on distributor gears

http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/...t-the-details/

you're not running a high volume pump in that are you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                              I was going to post...bronze?! what uses a bronze gear??
                              Steampunks, of course.
                              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                                Steampunks, of course.
                                best...response...Ever! hahaha
                                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                                X