No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you know any steampunks into creating crap, i've got a bucket of dead vacuum tubes i'll donate to the cause
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

*points at Bowman*

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        some poop on distributor gears

http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/...t-the-details/

you're not running a high volume pump in that are you ?
        Nope.

I was recommended to use a Bronze gear with the Trick Flow cam. I was also told that the MSD distributor should have a bronze gear as a replacement. And the guy at the speedshop informed me that per my distributors shaft thickness a factory replacement and use for the cam I have, would be a Bronze gear.

Apparently TFS1s are known to eat cast gears. But she's alright

The distributor was used and I'm assuming by reading this article, was "mated" to another cam.
        Last edited by Bobcat; 04-04-2015, 04:02 PM.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
          Flush that engine out nice and good. Never good to have bits of metal flowing around.
          ^this..............just have to keep a check on the bronze if you do alot of street driving otherwise its good to go, also not sure if anyone makes a direct fit steel for the msd dizzy...pretty sure the shaft dia. is different from stock........
          Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

well, if the people that make the cam say bronze, then bronze it is I guess.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
              Flush that engine out nice and good. Never good to have bits of metal flowing around.
              Originally posted by Mr.Blue View Post
              ^this..............just have to keep a check on the bronze if you do alot of street driving otherwise its good to go, also not sure if anyone makes a direct fit steel for the msd dizzy...pretty sure the shaft dia. is different from stock........
              Alright got it, I'll run the hose through the valve cover and keep the drain plug out so that the water can run out the bottom, then fill the engine with water and say it's good to go. It's already on its third oil change on this new engine. I haven't even finished break in yet. I'm waiting to use the good filter i have and synthetic.

@Mr.Blue
              So the bronze gear should be good for street driving and should last awhile eh? I fully intend to beat on the car everytime I get into it. Trick Flow recommended the bronze but some guys have run a steel gear. But. I don't need my project getting set back by a cam losing all of it's gear to a steel gear, incase something goes bad. So I went with a bronze gear.

I had the part guy at the shop run the part number of the distributor and I assume he ordered the right gear. It is a speed shop, after all.

On a side note. Goddamn radio stopped working the other day, randomly. If I were to wale on the brakes, I can hear it flicker. This bastardized radio wiring.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Yes it will work fine.......just be aware that it will "wear" some, how much is anyones guess...i put at least 5k on mine and never saw anything in the oil or noticed anything out of the ordinary....i've ran a few on carbed cars with roller cams (msd dizzys)...........a steel gear would be ideal........and as for the flushing, accounting for those dizzy pieces/parts would be my concern lol...........
                Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Blue View Post
                  Yes it will work fine.......just be aware that it will "wear" some, how much is anyones guess...i put at least 5k on mine and never saw anything in the oil or noticed anything out of the ordinary....i've ran a few on carbed cars with roller cams (msd dizzys)...........a steel gear would be ideal........and as for the flushing, accounting for those dizzy pieces/parts would be my concern lol...........
                  Yeah that's what I was figuring.

So I took some time to sort out why my radio wasn't working or spontaneously working.

So Josh, the past owner of this car. (Some random kid in Brick New Jersey.) Decided that he'd put in aftermarket speakers. I liked that he did this, I always wondered why the front dash speakers buzzed at different pitches or any sort of depth within the music play. Well after tearing apart the entire dash last night, I was pleasently surprised to see that neither of the front speakers were bolted in and were about 1/2" too big. I also found out that when I pulled the radio out, he soldered half of the wires and just electrical taped everything else. Well I thought a shop did this, since it's got pioneer rear speakers (They're aweful for music depth. Great sound quality though.) and it's got all new speaker wiring that's been put in the car; that he would've done a good job. Well I used some weatherstripping to line the perimeter of the speaker hole and put a screw in each of them. (They need adapter plates and need the holes cut slightly bigger and new holes drilled. So fuck that, don't feel like pulling the entire dash just to fix these speakers. Speakers being some model of Jensen with tweeters in the middle. Well, after rewiring most of the radio, fixing the connections to the speakers, fixing the speaker mountage. She sounds great and i can bang on the dash and it won't cut out. Wooo... Now let's get it to be reliable and not break every goddamn time I try to take it out.

Project cars suck, this started out as a as an idea to run a very slightly modified 351w (Intake, carb) and was supposed to still have an AOD and the stock brakes. Goddamnit. In total, over 4,250$ later. I've got this mass of vehicle that can lay rubber for eternity. Let's hope this chalks up as another win on the dyno against Vicky.

Fuck, I should'a just put a TC 4.6 with underdrives!

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Even if you manage to beat it power wise. You won't beat it in reliability.

Comment

Wait, so your saying that my 4.6L is more reliable than your 5.0L?

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                        Wait, so your saying that my 4.6L is more reliable than your 5.0L?

-ryan s.
                        I don't think so you oil burning coolant leaking retard.

Comment

Oooohhhh

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Do I hear a dyno-reliability-ecomod challenge brewing?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

All that work to make less power than my family couch.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

With less displacement......

-ryan s.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X