No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave that is hilarious!! LMAO big time!!
    Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Dave, Dave, Zack. Logan and now possibly toploader. Yikes. No hitting any other cars with our big ass doors okay.

Comment

Niceeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

Well.
        Put the new shocks in, needs coils front and rear aswell as shocks rear. But it's a start.

Started tearing apart the 'new' engine, stripped it down to a bare block. Going to clean it with gasoline and see about getting it honed.
        Ordered a kit from Summit including:
        all gaskets, main bearings, rod bearings and rings

Still need to order:
        Cam
        Intake
        Valley pan kit
        Timing chain
        and need to find a source for GT40P heads.

Now for random pictures.

Last edited by Bobcat; 07-12-2014, 02:19 PM.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

tudor k9 unit lol

And that shock was toast.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

tudor k9 unit lol

And that shock was toast.
            If you look close, you can see the two German Shepards in the back..
            The guy driving it was also in a wheel chair, I've seen the car before but I thought it was a four door, until now.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

If you change the springs, save the old ones.

I'm looking to try some slinky/ clapped out ones in my coupe.

If you guys are unsure of how to degree a cam... give me a ring when the time comes, and I will come out and teach class.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                If you change the springs, save the old ones.

I'm looking to try some slinky/ clapped out ones in my coupe.

If you guys are unsure of how to degree a cam... give me a ring when the time comes, and I will come out and teach class.
                I'll save em for you, they're pretty shot from the looks of it.

You may have to, I was reading that the stock 351 Cam would be better than the HO? Since I tore the engine apart with a buddy, it'd probably be greatly appreciated to have some assistance.
                I'm currently at a cross roads of if I should have the crank polished or just clean it up and put it back in.

Other than that, the rebuild pack should be coming sometime in the next couple days.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                  If you look close, you can see the two German Shepards in the back..
                  The guy driving it was also in a wheel chair, I've seen the car before but I thought it was a four door, until now.
                  Even closer and you can see the chick standing in the front of the store checking the car out. I guess a nice classic car and dog(s) gets the chick's approval nowadays.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                    Even closer and you can see the chick standing in the front of the store checking the car out. I guess a nice classic car and dog(s) gets the chick's approval nowadays.

Packman
                    Or she was staring at the white cop car parked in the middle of the parking lot, staring at the car.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Cleaned the 351 thoroughly and then yesterday I cleaned the crank and cam (sliced open every finger on my left hand.. Cranks have sharp points.) I painted the headlight buckets and grill, came out nice and gives the car a more mean modern look. Still needs 88+ nose.
                      Still have to:
                      > De-ring the old pistons, clean them, install new rings.
                      > Clean the lifters, figure out if I'm going to buy new lifters /unlikely/
                      > Solve the problem of which cam I want, I'm pushing towards a Trick Flow Stage 1
                      < Box of gaskets, bearings, rings came, still waiting on box for the freeze plugs.
                      > Order engine paint, paint said engine after being built.
                      > Find GT40P heads.

Other random shit that has to be done some time or another.
                      > Fix power antenna
                      > Order coils and shocks for the rear
                      > Maybe order new coils for the front
                      > Order new headlights, I'm planning on going with a plastic housing so I can use bulbs rather than sealed beams.
                      > Source some set of cheapo/used mufflers, don't care what. Just need to quiet the car down. I'll worry about sound down the road.
                      > Take off all the rubber body trim (down the doors and such. 5 piece left. Need to find something to remove the adhesive)

Too much stuff to do before I ever even drive the car.

Oh yeah and..

Cleaned block.

Old heads (Need to figure out what I want to do with them...)

Cleaned crank and cam. (Anyone wants the cam/heads, feel free to ask.)
                      Last edited by Bobcat; 07-15-2014, 05:48 PM.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Nick was telling me about y'all's little adventure to go grab your tudor. Nice score!

I'd love to have an aero-box tudor. Gonna do a rear end swap too?

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                          Nick was telling me about y'all's little adventure to go grab your tudor. Nice score!

I'd love to have an aero-box tudor. Gonna do a rear end swap too?
                          Yeah it quite the adventure, especially the 40$ toll.. :\

But yes, I'm planning on finding a 92+ low mile Vic rear end probably in fall. I want to be able to reuse the axles and hopefully either have it powder coated or just sand it and thoroughly paint it. Planning 3.55 gears with a Trac-Loc.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Did your brother ever swap in the minty fresh rear he had purchased from ez pull? Maybe that is still kicking around, or you get lucky and score one this year?
                            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Did your brother ever swap in the minty fresh rear he had purchased from ez pull? Maybe that is still kicking around, or you get lucky and score one this year?
                              Yeah, we had it in and all set for Scottfest last year. Lol

I can't tow a trailer with my car and I know he's taking his challenger down.. So no axle for me this year.

Just took this, after 8 coats, the grill is all done.

Last edited by Bobcat; 07-15-2014, 06:24 PM.
                              __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I think they fit in the trunk......
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X