X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    You are rather unique, Logan.
    You're making me blush, Dave.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I'd go for a twin turbo setup myself if I could afford a swap. I'd prefer to start with a better condition car though (referring to the box).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        I'd go for a twin turbo setup myself if I could afford a swap. I'd prefer to start with a better condition car though (referring to the box).
        Since when isn't my car in good condition? Those are fighting words, sir.
        SBFs are boring.

Overall update on box:
        - Still leaks oil from the front crank seal. (I have the seal kit for the whole front of the engine, maybe I'll just do everything again just because..)
        - Front shocks blow ass. I don't remember if they're police Gas-Adjusts or stocker replacement. Probably stocker. Rides like a boat.
        - Really need rear coils, It's got rake on level ground, strictly from the 1" tire size difference front to back. Sacks when there's more weight in one side of the trunk than the other.
        - Tire wear from drive tire to non drive tire has started to become noticeable.
        - Transmission is in overall good shape, other than missing reverse.
        - Tears on drivers seat are starting to piss me off.
        - Vinyl top discoloration is becoming apparent.
        - Engine still healthy as always, still makes steam and rumbles pretty good. Too bad it's a boring small block.
        - Clutch is pretty toast, doesn't like to fully engage. I'm assuming since what happened at SF, my flywheel is glazed. Oh-well.

That's all I guess..

Questions, Comments, Concerns?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
          Since when isn't my car in good condition? Those are fighting words, sir.
          He's referring to his car, not yours.

When you say it's a boring small block, I hope you mean in concept. Being a mild 351 it should be pretty fun to drive. My stock lopo isn't boring to drive, at least not to me. I always enjoy listening to the stock duals without mufflers, I get a lot of looks from people when I hit the gas, probably because it's otherwise bone stock down to the grandpa white-stripe tires, nobody expects it. I just hope people don't think it has a leaky exhaust, my ear is more trained to car sounds so I can tell it's got tone over just a loud leaky system.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Looks like a sweet ride. I bet it sounds great w/the X pipe.
            The Tri-Ax is probably the best shifter I've had. I've got the one that came out of the Yellow Capri when I put the TKO in. It will probably end up in Mean Mr. Mustard instead of the Hurst @ some point.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
              He's referring to his car, not yours.
              This... My car is rather beat up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                I'm still waiting for someone to do a turbo 300 swap. 351C would also be interesting, and I can even lay my hands on one, but I don't feel like dealing with carbs or accessory brackets.
                http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/13...6-sleeper.html

Not a panther but a really neat budget built turbo 300.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

nice. Lots of plumbing on that one though.

Comment

I'm on a low carb diet, thanks.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                      http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/13...6-sleeper.html

Not a panther but a really neat budget built turbo 300.
                      Pretty badass...

A 300 that would take almost anyone here's V8 to school.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Well. Looks like things will be taking a turn for the box.

It will not be receiving the limited slip I just bought for it, gears or diff girdle. It will also be losing all of its drive train and frame. If anyone is interested in anything, be my guest to PM me. Won't be taken apart immediately, until I fix the Mustang. But it is planned within the coming months. Looks like I'm going to be looking for an 03-04 whale Vic, too.

Tom called dibs on the Cam and pan kit.

I will be needing a box dashboard though. 79-87 style, doesn't matter what color.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I think the modbox bug is contagious.

Comment

Here. I'll show some current pictures of the ole' girl.

"When you've got that heavy load in your pants"
                            Last edited by Bobcat; 10-23-2015, 11:45 PM.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I may be interested in the EGR spacer, and various ignition parts to have as backups
                              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

So I hear the 351 is staying...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                                X