85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
    Red means performance, guy. Simsbury, Herman Drive. Like 500 feet from Nick's shop. Real good guy, my father has ordered a bunch of shit and I'm pretty good buddies with him, he'll do whatever patterns you want.
    A guy I used to work with also knew him. Maybe I will get some stuffs there for my Mustang.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Nice fuckin moccasins, Buddy.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Finally went to go pick up my rotors today from the brake shop, I'm quite pleased. Jesus fuck these things are much larger from box ones, noticeably much heavier. I got metallic pads from the guy too, he's a good guy and gave me a pretty good deal on everything. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Especially since I'm going from driving the car with only the front brakes functioning (For the last 6 months of daily driving it) since I was too cheap to fix the rear wheel cylinders. Aye, it stopped /good enough/. Occasional drums seizing when coming to a stop, but hey that's all part of living life on the edge. Stupidity? Nah, no way.

Big steam.

Nice brakes. I got SP Performance brakes for the last 3 vehicles and they were a vast improvement over the stock rotors. They squeal a little, but I don't care as long as it stops. I am going to get them for the '05 MGM despite everybody telling me that they're not needed.

Packman

Comment

noise, nope. Not acceptable. Brakes must be silent and effective, much like a good fart.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            noise, nope. Not acceptable. Brakes must be silent and effective, much like a good fart.
            QFT... and

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

2/9/16

Sanded the passenger side frame rail with an orbital air tool, utilizing 24 grit pads to get all the shit off, then 60 grit pads to clean it up a little bit, then wire wheeled it. Same thing was for the driver's side. Laid on the rust dissolver thereafter, washed it off and cleaned it with brake clean before I put the first light coat of the X-O rust on. The driver's side now has the third coat on, which I laid on relatively heavy and I'm sure it's got a couple drips. ::Shrug:: The frame will be covered in shit regardless, once I start DDing the thing again.
              Also started disassembling the front end, I think I'm going to powerwash it, clean it all up, paint some portions of it (Control arms and other steel pieces) and make sure there's no leaks and that the rack is in general good shape. I'm unsure if these cars use rack bushings, but if It does; I'll likely find replacement ones or machine some at my buddies shop. Then maybe tomorrow I'll put it back on the car and wait for my coils to show up. At least this will leave it ready for the test fitting of the engine - for fabricating the mounts. In my spare time and while the paint is drying, I'll finish tossing the motor together and paint it. She'll start off pretty once again and then get filthy again when I drive it.
              Oh and my Dynamat Extreme shit is supposed to be here today, so I'll probably start putting that in and once that's all buttoned up I'll put the new carpet in and seats. She'll be a cherry ride, hopefully.

So uh the tranny situation. Well I just bought a '94 Bronco that came with a 7.5' Fisher plow setup, which is beautiful. So I'm going to sell that and hopefully get my money back that I bought the truck for and then maybe I'll continue looking for a TKO or T56. Otherwise I'll just toss my T5 back in with a new clutch and hammer the fuck out of it until it's finished off. I mean, it's still pretty good. It's still got all of the forward gears...

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

You are gonna break something quick on that T5 two wheel peeling now. FUN.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I must say I'm impressed at how quickly things are moving along!

A t5, two wheel peels, and a fuel injected 351 sounds like a really fun but short party. Put the 215/70/15 all seasons back on and it might be a little longer.
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I just bought a '94 Bronco that came with a 7.5' Fisher plow setup, which is beautiful.
                    Impulse buy?
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

No guys, you've got it all wrong! It'll be fiiiiinnneeee, especially with the 285s on it!

Today's update.
                      3/10/15

Got my Dynamat in today and I spent some time cutting it up and putting it in various positions within the driver's door. Then after giving up on removing the factory sound deadening, I put the Dynamat only where there wasn't any sound deadening. The shit ain't cheap so it's not worth wasting. I also pulled the pedals out since they were just sitting in there and did another coat on the passenger side frame rail. Called a yard today and I've got a run down on a 31 spline 3.55 LSD rear end for it.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Why would you put Dynamat on the tunnel??? That's just going to get destroyed when the transmission comes apart...

In all seriousness, I should slap you for mentioning putting a broken transmission back in the car.

Guys on Ford Truck Enthusiasts swear by 'peel n seal' insulation from Lowe's as a replacement for Dynamat, and the like. Its about 10% the cost; I may do some when I swap the rubber mat for carpet in my truck.

Linky to what we were talking about the other day: https://www.astroperformance.com/pro...-transmission/
                        Last edited by P72Ford; 03-11-2016, 08:21 AM.
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I did the peal and seal route years back with a product called "Quick Roof" No smell, doesn't come apart and works great.

Nice work Logan....More pics of the pedal assembly please
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Have you sold your speedway springs yet? Im interested in getting some but to purchase them from Canada may cost me an arm and a leg with all the brokerage and duty + original price.

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                              Why would you put Dynamat on the tunnel??? That's just going to get destroyed when the transmission comes apart...

In all seriousness, I should slap you for mentioning putting a broken transmission back in the car.

Guys on Ford Truck Enthusiasts swear by 'peel n seal' insulation from Lowe's as a replacement for Dynamat, and the like. Its about 10% the cost; I may do some when I swap the rubber mat for carpet in my truck.

Linky to what we were talking about the other day: https://www.astroperformance.com/pro...-transmission/
                              I read a shit ton on every choice possible and found hit and miss posts on that stuff, I ended up going with Dynamat partially because I don't have transportation to drive to Lowes (Couldn't find the stuff online) and it's an unquestionably good product. My other choice was RAAMMat which offers the first layer which has the rubber coating and then the tin covering to which you then put a second layer of a high density foam on top of that. The stuff was 300$ shipped for 60sq feet of both products. Wasn't too bad, but I'm trying to maintain my budget and stick with quality merchandise but maintain a cheaper goal. Next time I do it, I'll probably order that RAAMMat, since the car is bound to come all apart again in the future.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              I did the peal and seal route years back with a product called "Quick Roof" No smell, doesn't come apart and works great.

Nice work Logan....More pics of the pedal assembly please

Send me a text tomorrow buddy and I'll snap some more pictures of it. I took it out to farther document it and thoroughly paint the entire assembly. I mean not like anyone will every look up under the dash, but at least I'll know that there isn't a rusty piece of shit stuffed up there. Plus I REALLY need to better organize the wiring up there.

Originally posted by magnus77 View Post
                              Have you sold your speedway springs yet? Im interested in getting some but to purchase them from Canada may cost me an arm and a leg with all the brokerage and duty + original price.
                              Someone is interested in purchasing them for 100$ shipped. I haven't taken them out yet since I've been so bound to both of my projects and I'm trying to move the Vic along and get it done.

3/12/16

Uhhhh I wire wheeled, dremel'd, then wire wheeled again and then cleaned with brake clean and acetone both of my front calipers and caliper brackets. I also took some of the casting marks off the brackets, not like it's noticeable but it was really annoying me. Driver's side frame rail got another coat of X O Rust, summing it up to 3 coats so far. I don't think I'm going to wire wheel the entire front crossmember because I think that it's going to make it corrode faster. From the looks of it, it seems that there's a coating on the aluminum to keep it from corroding so badly. I wish I could find the same thing again since I know Aluminum is hard to get paint to stick to. Ugh I'm at a cross roads with it because I don't want it to corrode, but I also don't want it to be covered in flaky ass paint.
                              Last edited by Bobcat; 03-12-2016, 01:14 AM.
                              __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I am quite confident that this thread has sparked a grand resurgence in the increase in activity in this forum.

Or the weather has gotten better and people are working on their stuff again. Since the results are inconclusive, you get no credit.
                                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                                X