No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone is interested in purchasing them for 100$ shipped. I haven't taken them out yet since I've been so bound to both of my projects and I'm trying to move the Vic along and get it done.
    No worries then, might buy an equivalent set from summit to avoid brokerage/duty that isnt covered when buying from speedway.
    Thanks anyway.

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

Comment

Update from today, got a couple more things done..

Painted the calipers and brackets over the last few days, finished my frame painting yesterday and spent a good amount of time today, fully cleaning all of the grease off the rack and crossmember. Thereafter when I got back home from dinner, I bolted it all on and put the brakes on. I think it looks pretty. I also got a battery relocation kit, so I put the back half of that in. Don't know what I'm doing tomorrow, but maybe I'll start prepping for the motor mount fabrication.

Looks like coupes got their own fancy seatbelt retractors.

Documenting my pedals, whilst they're out of the car.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Perty brakes.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Most of the wiring that will be going to the rear of the car is done. Consisting of, door speakers being routed to the rear, dash speakers routed to the rear, removal of old speaker wiring and the battery cable being routed to the engine bay. I figure that I'll throw my interior together this weekend (aside from the column) and take many hours to go through my EVTM and see what wiring I can remove from under the dash. Since many of those "oh so fancy" 80s luxury features have been removed for the greater good.

Big steam.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Last night I removed the cruise control wiring since he no longer has any of the other stuff to make it work. Relayed the door locks to make the keyless entry work. Which was a 10 dollar china special. It appears to work now that I did a little digging online. None of the wiring diagrams made any sense for the type of door locks the box panthers use. The wiring is not finalized as I just dicked with it this morning to see if the dumb thing would actually work. Waiting for the ringleader to wake up to see where he wants to mount the stupid thing.

Also I ran a wire from the brake switch to the back for a third brake light assembly Logan picked up. Works great. He went a little overboard on the bracket to secure the assembly to the rear deck. But hey. It'll probably never move lol.

Comment

it's not done until it's overdone?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Its not done until burnouts were had.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Oh god it's spreading...

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    Oh god it's spreading...
                    ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      I'm so proud that you're finally understanding..

Brings a tear to my eye

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

So it seems that the T5 is a direct bolt in. I put the '85 yoke on the '03 driveshaft.
                        After a quick call to Ryan (Dr Grabber Green) I found out that you need to use an air hammer to get the crossmember out. It's also much heavier and stronger than the box one. But it utilizes a style to which you slide it in from the bottom, use a block to pound up into it and then through bolt it into its mounts. It also likes to seize in there from corrosion. It wasn't nice and easy to remove. Though, I'm going to paint the entire thing and then put some anti seize on the sides of it when reinstalling. But other than that, the t5 bolts right into it, I then measured the bellhousing mounting surface to the engine mount location (on the block) and came up with 8.5 inches. There after, measuring 8.5" out from the bellhousing and my '67 Fairlane engine mount to figure out that it's going to be insanely easy to make these engine mount blocks. The blocks will be made out of 2.5" box tubing, 3/16" thick and 1/2" Schedule 80 pipe. Pics will come, Nick ordered the steel and should be here tuesday.

Oh and the RockAuto carpet is FANTASTIC. Fits beautifully and is very good quality, I'd say that it's comparable to OE.

I also did some bracing on the rear deck, since it started to get some waves in it from the speakers that were previously in there. It's about a 1/4 piece of fern stripping.

Big steam.

Last edited by Bobcat; 03-21-2016, 10:57 AM.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

That's awesome the driveshaft doesn't have to be modified. Good to hear things are going well. The picture links are broken, no pix.
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Thats what they changed the trans cross member to? Finally someone got the idea to use that to stiffen the frame. The old box cross member is pretty pathetic in that department. They bend pretty easy and the ends rot out on them as well. Wonder what it would take to retrofit that into the old frame.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                Thats what they changed the trans cross member to? Finally someone got the idea to use that to stiffen the frame. The old box cross member is pretty pathetic in that department. They bend pretty easy and the ends rot out on them as well. Wonder what it would take to retrofit that into the old frame.
                                Or you could just frame swap and get all the goodies.
                                __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X