No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is are you going turbo or no? You've changed your mind like 5 times in this thread so far.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
      So is are you going turbo or no? You've changed your mind like 5 times in this thread so far.
      Yes. I've actually planned to turbo it for a long time but have shown interest in other ideas. But yes it'll be a turbo box.

Not right off though, it's going to have to wait until I gather all the parts and find someone to tune it.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Get the damn thing running.

Comment

So I cut the box tubing for the engine mounts today, tomorrow I'll probably bring the pipe over to my buddy's shop and machine it down to 3/4".

Driver's side door is all back together, minus the ashtray. I still think I'm going to swap out my switches for a modern style since the plastic that the screws go into has seemed to crack and deteriorate.

Those aren't the pieces I worked on, obviously. I'm just displaying what has to be created and you can partially see my oil pan problem. If you look closely, you can see the line I re-routed.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

maybe make the mount so that it holds the engine up another half inch to clear the rack and peanut?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

you can jb weld studs in the switch panel and use nuts to hold the switches in place.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                maybe make the mount so that it holds the engine up another half inch to clear the rack and peanut?
                That changes the geometry of the engine and transmission angle. So I'd have to also move the transmission upwards, more than I already have to.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  you can jb weld studs in the switch panel and use nuts to hold the switches in place.
                  I was starting to think about doing that.. But it gives me a great excuse to modify my shit.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Turbo = huge steam.
                    Bye bye T5,
                    broken are your gears.
                    Your bearings are seized,
                    but I have no tears.

That's as poetic as I've been since 7th grade. This is inspirational stuff man.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                      That changes the geometry of the engine and transmission angle. So I'd have to also move the transmission upwards, more than I already have to.
                      If you space the trans mount up the same, the geometry doesn't change, just the drive shaft angle... and that's so slight that it wouldn't make a difference. Though if there's not tunnel clearance for that, yeah... beating/modifying the pan may well be your only option.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1028.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1279155Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1027.JPG
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1279156Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1022.JPG
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1279157Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1021.JPG
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	1279158Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1020.JPG
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1279159Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1018.JPG
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1279160

Well here you can see that I am a proficient welder... A JB Welder. I figured that I'd make a nice little mounting plate for the clutch master, I'd say it came out nice. I tried my hand at some JB weld (never have used it before) I give the stuff some credit since that plate is ON THERE, I wire wheeled the whole area, took off the coating that was on the piece of steel itself, rubbed it down with acetone and then put a thin coat of JB weld on the back and piled it up on the sides. I still need to fill a little gap that's on the top right tip of it (fire wall stamped spot for the ECU.) then I'll sand it all down and paint the firewall at once (Picked up some engine paint yesterday that I'll use for the firewall.)

I finished up making the individual pieces that Nick requested I do, now all he has to do is weld them up and maybe that boat anchor can be fastened down. I really need to buy a goddamnit welder.. Upside is that I'm getting pretty good with a death wheel..

Uhh Interior door panels are all on and assembled, both doors have new guides, I took out the rods, cleaned them with brake clean and a rag before re-greasing them and installing them again. I really fucking hate these Non-vent window coupe doors. The glass is a real pain in the cock when trying to set all the adjustment points. I don't see it as a good design, since the back of bottom edge of the window rides in the track, which allows for the top portion to just lean whichever way it wants. Same thing for the front, except it only rides in the track when it gets 3/4 of the way up. I adjusted every which point and got it pretty close but I'm not happy with it. I need to find some vent window doors..

I cleaned up some more wiring.. Flared some more of the brake lines, front right hand side is done. Driver's side proportioning valve and lines are waiting until I have the fender on, which is waiting until the rad support is modified and put on.

The passenger side merge header with the flange fits on just fine, even though I think that I'll cut the welds and spin the flange a couple inches. Driver's side header doesn't fit at all without insane modification. So I think that I'm going to get a normal passenger side header and put it on the driver's side, make a crossover and be whistling down the road.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Oh and the master has be in that position because it's a push-type and that's the only position that it'd be able to work at. Since the pedals use a cable, factory - which is designed to pull on the cable, the upper left side wouldn't work. Theoretically I could modify the shaft and make it work on the left side. I didn't care enough, so I just put it there. Looks nice and is out of the way. It'll probably suck to bleed but that's life.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

There is a central guide rod that sort of keeps all that running right, but yeah the 2 door glass mechanism pretty much blows. The 4 doors have guides on both ends and it runs a lot nicer.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Smoothed out the JB weld and added more to fix some spots, sanded and then used etching primer. Maybe I'll fill in those two little blemishes atop the master plate. Doesn't look nearly as bad in person, not like anyone would ever see it..

I haven't really been doing anything big lately since I'm waiting on my brother to do the welding.. I work on the car every night but It's just little things here and there, sorting through all the details and such. I still need to take the dash out and put dynamat on all of the supports and organize some shit from up top. Both door panels are back on, swaybar and endlinks are on (poly swaybar bushings), cut the holes for the seat bolts, organized more dash wiring, in the process of cleaning up and organizing the keyless entry/ replacing the module.

Yes, I painted over my shitty and destroyed door pull. It was either that or leave it red. Since they're impossible to find.

I also think that I'm going to have new vinyl put on the door panels next year. I have my doubts about this vinyl dye.

I've been doing a lot of research on various forums and think that I'm going to build my own MegaSquirt 3 unit from DIYAutotune.com. But I'm going to get the car running and functioning on the old setup first.
                              __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

You might need to have an upholstery shop rebuild the pull strap. Considering the options of just getting a strap and pretty freaking slim. And that turbo header clearance... or lack thereof.

Comment

Working...
                                X