Colony Park/Go Fast Goodies Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colony Park/Go Fast Goodies Swap

I have a 1990 Mercury Colony Park that I am going to do some go fast goodies on. Below is my list:

GT40 heads fresh from the machine shop
    Explorer upper and lower intake
    Mustang GT camshaft
    Mustang 19lb per hour injectors
    Stock fox body exhaust manifolds

I am going to have 2.5 inch dual exhaust run on the car with dual cats and magnaflow mufflers.

Other than the usual timing components, water pump, plugs etc., what else do I need?

I know I need an explorer throttle body and some other cars EGR spacer, but Im not sure which one.

I am not going to change over to mass air because this wont be near the horsepower limitation of speed density. Anyone see any issues with this?

Thoughts, Ideas, Suggestions?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	1302465

you need an ECM to run it. Lincoln Mark VII is the usual suspect, but sometimes they get a bit batshit with the GT40 heads and Explorer parts. Some people have had it run well, some have not. Worth a shot. I know its not anywhere near the HP limit, but they run lean anyway. Probably would sort out OK with a tune, but the usual fix is mass air.

Lightning EGR spacer is the ideal one. Bolts in with no mods with this setup. Or you can probably use a 65mm Mustang one and make a bracket to bolt up the throttle cables.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
    X