PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: Exhaust pics

Lets put cough drops in out buttholes and play video games DuceAnAHalf's Avatar

Default Exhaust pics

Removed the no name mufflers and replaced them with Flowmaster 40's (Phayzer5's old mufflers), this is what it looked like

it ended at about the drivers door.

The new opnes are extended and now end at the back of the rear doors, and they actually have turn downs now.

The exhaust is now much quieter on the inside, even with no sound deadening. the old system used to drone about 1700RPM the new one drones about 1200RPM, which I only see off-idle. All connections after the collector is fully welded, and no leaks using a Harbor Freight welder using flux core wire. the header gasket and the collector gasket are both copper.

what's up with the convertors? thought u floridians didnt believe in em lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Quote Originally Posted by lincolnmania
    what's up with the convertors? thought u floridians didnt believe in em lol
    Those are ultra super mega high flow converters, because they are still required by law. wink, wink, nudge, nudge :evil:

one more pic.

I post a lot...

Im not gonna run em when i do my exhaust. Cops here could care less.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Cats? What are these silly things you refer to? :evil:
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

not embarrassed on a scooter 85crownHPP's Avatar

man i need to paint my axle housing, or at least the pumpkin cover. Yours looks purdy

Archangel

Screw the cover, look at that big fat swaybar

i got those big fat bars on my rides too :slug:

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Archangel

Yeah, right, make me jealous now - mine is only 7/8" (GM HPP one)

Duce, question for you - I see you have no shocks, when you jack the car up what's keeping the rear axle from swinging all the way down and the springs from popping out? And isn't your exhaust hanging kinda too low?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan D
    Yeah, right, make me jealous now - mine is only 7/8" (GM HPP one)

Duce, question for you - I see you have no shocks, when you jack the car up what's keeping the rear axle from swinging all the way down and the springs from popping out? And isn't your exhaust hanging kinda too low?
    There are shocks there just hidden. Right now they are the cheapest gabriel shocks that auto zone carries. they will be replaced with Carrera street shocks.

And the tips are kinda low but they have yet to drag. We have very few steep entrances aropund here.

Locked and Loaded, ready for the rebellion. RugerP97DC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
    Cats? What are these silly things you refer to? :evil:
    Them furry things you run over at 80mph!!
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

If you have Phayzer5's Flowmaster 40s, what is he running on his car now? (You Florida guys are lucky. Up here in the Northeast, I'm going to put my GM on the shelf until spring and start work on my snowmobile (my '90 Ranger 4x4). Picture a shit load of snow and a lil' bright red 4x4 pickup with mud tires that sounds like a chainsaw, thanks to the 2.9L V6 shooting rooster tails in the air. One of the best things about 4WD is no shoveling to get in or out of a parking space in the city.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
    5.4L swap coming soon.

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Hell ya dont need 4X4 to not have to shovel. 2wd F150 5.0 and a good set of snows can go anywhere. Plus with the mad power you can out doughnut a 4X4 anyday.

My Exhaust has highflow cats b/c emmissions police. A knockoff muffler and a good set of chrome tips. Making your own superhigh flow cats is the shit, ram a pike through them and hollow them out.
    Whats the diff between a Chebby and a golf ball?

You can drive a golf ball 300 Yards