Exhaust pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust pics

Removed the no name mufflers and replaced them with Flowmaster 40's (Phayzer5's old mufflers), this is what it looked like

it ended at about the drivers door.

The new opnes are extended and now end at the back of the rear doors, and they actually have turn downs now.

The exhaust is now much quieter on the inside, even with no sound deadening. the old system used to drone about 1700RPM the new one drones about 1200RPM, which I only see off-idle. All connections after the collector is fully welded, and no leaks using a Harbor Freight welder using flux core wire. the header gasket and the collector gasket are both copper.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

what's up with the convertors? thought u floridians didnt believe in em lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
      what's up with the convertors? thought u floridians didnt believe in em lol
      Those are ultra super mega high flow converters, because they are still required by law. wink, wink, nudge, nudge :evil:

one more pic.

Comment

Im not gonna run em when i do my exhaust. Cops here could care less.
        1989 Grand Marquis LS
        flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Cats? What are these silly things you refer to? :evil:
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

man i need to paint my axle housing, or at least the pumpkin cover. Yours looks purdy
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Screw the cover, look at that big fat swaybar

Comment

I got one o those
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i got those big fat bars on my rides too :slug:

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yeah, right, make me jealous now - mine is only 7/8" (GM HPP one)

Duce, question for you - I see you have no shocks, when you jack the car up what's keeping the rear axle from swinging all the way down and the springs from popping out? And isn't your exhaust hanging kinda too low?

Comment

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan D
                        Yeah, right, make me jealous now - mine is only 7/8" (GM HPP one)

Duce, question for you - I see you have no shocks, when you jack the car up what's keeping the rear axle from swinging all the way down and the springs from popping out? And isn't your exhaust hanging kinda too low?
                        There are shocks there just hidden. Right now they are the cheapest gabriel shocks that auto zone carries. they will be replaced with Carrera street shocks.

And the tips are kinda low but they have yet to drag. We have very few steep entrances aropund here.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                          Cats? What are these silly things you refer to? :evil:
                          Them furry things you run over at 80mph!!
                          2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

If you have Phayzer5's Flowmaster 40s, what is he running on his car now? (You Florida guys are lucky. Up here in the Northeast, I'm going to put my GM on the shelf until spring and start work on my snowmobile (my '90 Ranger 4x4). Picture a shit load of snow and a lil' bright red 4x4 pickup with mud tires that sounds like a chainsaw, thanks to the 2.9L V6 shooting rooster tails in the air. One of the best things about 4WD is no shoveling to get in or out of a parking space in the city.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                            Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                            5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

"Magnapacks"

Video demo 1

Video demo 2

Video demo 3

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                              '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                              '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...