1988 Mercury Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Blue View Post
    DOH! Dont tell mine that..........have a 15 and 12 year old ones running fine...and a used one of uknown age...........maybe the newer ones are at fault/issue as a buddy purchased one a few years ago for his 5.0 and it developed a miss....stocker back on, no miss............
    I think the newer ones are bad. I know a guy who put on on his Bronco and it failed right away.
    I've ran the same one for 7 years and it's been on everyone of my cars at some point or another, never had any issues with it.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Hhhhmmmm..................i've always had basically good luck with MSD but i have a 6al II thats acting a little weird and a buddy is going to ship it in for a look with his 2 high $$$$$ MSD GRIDS that are burned (owners fault on those)...........maybe they are becoming MCD? Mostly China Developed?
      Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

The MSD setup in my box, Distributor, cap, 6al and coil are all used and looked to be pretty old, prior to clean up.

They worked fantastic.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

with that mental note about NEWER ones possibly being the issue... i think ill try Accel. a friend of mine got accel and is very very pleased.

i was on the border between msd and accel anyway because thats what i hav access to at work and can get them stupid cheap
          Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
          Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
          Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

got around to finishing up my gf's stereo in the 88. dad got her a kenwood for christmas so i could rip that junk ass aftermarket tape deck out. put the stereo in a while back and yesterday i finished it up with an old 12" kicker sub i had laying around and a friend gave me his broken MTX amp that i repaired. rounded out the sound quite nicely.

also added a cold air intake for $26

but after pulling up the carpet to run wiring i found the passenger floor board to be SOAKED. like standing water was in there. first thought was heater core which i know does need replaced but this wasnt antifreeze inside. i remembered hearing form you guys about the heaterbox having a drain in it that gets clogged from dirt and shit in the cowl and i almost garauntee thats the issue. where is that drain at?
            Last edited by marquis_82_withneons; 03-17-2015, 09:07 AM.
            Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
            Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
            Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Look under the hood on the passenger side just below the windshield. Pull up the screen and clean out anything that might have gotten in there. I've never actually been in there myself, but I've seen other people post about cleaning it out. I think a stick will probably work to clear that drain.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

excellent, thats where i was thinking thankyou

Comment

getting a slightly modified AOD for the 88 coming soon. thinking of throwing a hitch on it after that.. what would you all recommend for rear shocks? load adjusting (what i think look like coil overs) or with tried and true air shocks? that of which i have experience using. what say you gents?

Comment

the load leveling air system is tits. If you don't have it, installing it is a job I've never done, nor want to do. If you just want some good springs/shocks for load carrying... cargo coils with the truck shocks (MonoMax) I linked in the suspension FAQ are awesome.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I've got a hitch if you need it. I think it looks heinous so I took it off the '90. If you want pics let me know and i'll get some.

Comment

Im thinking of leaning toward air shocks witg new constav nt rate springs

And Yea plz pm me pics and price.

Comment

Working...
                        X