Defflepp1's '03 GMLS build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defflepp1's '03 GMLS build thread

So i figured i might as well start a project/progress/build thread here, since i haven't really been very active here.

The car is a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate, i bought it on October 17th 2012 with ~75,000 miles for $6500. It was completely stock and mint, definitely the little old lady car. It didn't take very long before i started to mod it, the first mods i did were Plasti-dipping the grill and rear reflector

It stayed like that for a while. I also installed a new stereo, Pioneer head unit, Infinity reference amp, Infinity Kappa speakers, Polk 12" sub and Pioneer mono block, for how cheap this system is(about $600) it sounds amazing.

Then when i was in Chicago for business i met up with a member of CVN, and traded my stock rims w/ snow tires for some 17" Mustang split 5 spokes. i was very impressed by the difference they made in the handling and steering response. At about this time i also bought a K&N cold air kit, 75MM throttle body and ported plenum. Putting those on made a noticeable improvement in throttle response, and the sound of the K&N is AWESOME!!

As you can tell up till this point i had just been taking these pics in my driveway, no real creativity/artsyness to them. Well one day i decided to try out actually taking a semi photo shoot of her. I don't think these turned out too bad for a first time, even my brother(who IS a professional photographer) thinks they're decent. Also at this time i did the Marauder treatment to the headlights.

So at this point i was starting to get a little board with it and contemplated selling it, but EVERY car that i was interested in was sold by the time i could go and look at it. So i took that as a sign and decided to just keep her, and put a little more time/money into her. so i got rid of the Plasti-dip in favor of color matching the grill and reflector, got a set a FREE! 16" steelies repainted and put on snow tires, bought some Marauder corner lights, tinted the tail lights and tinted the back doors 5% and the front doors 35%(tried doing the rear glass but every time i did it turned out like crap). Again i tried to do a "photo shoot", i think this one came out a little better than the first, i feel that the lighting was better

Doing all of that in the span of a weekend really re-ignited my love for her, i was begging to feel a real attachment to this car, i couldn't sell her now! Also at this time marked 1 year of owning her, which is the single longest i have owned a car(I've been through 17 cars in under 5 years….. don't judge me!) Then in March this happened,

I was working(delivering pizza), driving down a street, and this guy backed out of his driveway right into me. Cops came, issued him a ticket for failing to yield. Of course i filled a claim, the shops i took it to all quoted around $3500. She spent about 10 days in the shop, and surprisingly they didn't have a problem putting Marauder parts(headlight, turn signal) on instead of Grand Marquis ones. They even painted the grill to match, i didn't even ask them to do that. I should have asked if they could do a Marauder bumper too, lol.

So now that brings us right to today. Of course i still have her, and i have done a few more things to her since then. Bought a Marauder trunk panel(still need to paint it), A set of Marauder rims with 255/45-18 Sumitomo summer tires, and had the tint professionally redone, this time i did 5% on back doors and back glass, and 20% up front, Mach 1 chin spoiler, And a set of Ebay LED tail lights. I also tried to remove the pin stripe but that didn't go so well.
    This last set aren't as good because i think my camera is messed up, the left side of all the pics is blurry but right side is fine.

Well i think I've made this long enough, lol. Please let me know what you think, and thanks for sitting through all of that

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    Maruader rims and lights, Ebay LED tails, Mach 1 Chin spoiler, 20% tint front 5% tint rear, K&N cold air,

Nice car and a beautiful color ! Good job.

Comment

Nice car dude! Glad to hear they could patch it up after it was hit. Looking good.

Any crazy plans for the future?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Looking good!!

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Very nice.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Kinda like it better with the MGM bumper than with a 'rauder bumper. Looks very nice as is.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

UPDATE!!!! sort of
              Not much else has been to her, in fact nothing else has been done. But i did buy a new camera(Sony Nex-7 if you're wondering) and went and took some better pics. also i picked up a winter beater so that i can park the Marquis over winter and, hopefully, get some stuff done. Plans so far are, Duals(i will hopefully be picking those up this weekend), Suspension(KYB shocks, addcos, and control arms) and some little stuff like changing LEDs from green to red, maybe swap in Marauder gauges.

Anyway enough dreaming, here are some better pics of how she sits NOW, right click and open in tab to view full size

Maruader rims and lights, Ebay LED tails, Mach 1 Chin spoiler, 20% tint front 5% tint rear, K&N cold air,

Comment

UPDATE!!!! sort of
                First of all this happened

Otherwise not much else has been to her, in fact nothing else has been done. But i did buy a new camera(Sony Nex-7 if you're wondering) and went and took some better pics. also i picked up a winter beater so that i can park the Marquis over winter and, hopefully, get some stuff done. Plans so far are, Duals(i will hopefully be picking those up this weekend), Suspension(KYB shocks, addcos, and control arms) and some little stuff like changing LEDs from green to red, maybe swap in Marauder gauges.

Anyway enough dreaming, here are some better pics of how she sits NOW, right click and open in tab to view full size

Comment

'79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Mini update
                    Just got it back from the shop the other day after finally having 4.10s and tack-loc installed. I can't believe i waited this long to do it, it drives SO MUCH better now, way more responsive. If anyone if wondering if they should do 4.10s just DO IT! you won't regret it

Comment

Nice car, well done visual stuff. What were you going from, 3.27 open rear?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

If you think it runs good now...

get a chip tune for performance/economy on regular gas.

I think these came with cold-air intakes from the factory, because it pulled cold air in from behind the headlight, but going to a bigger throttle-body/MAF won't do anything for you except lean your fuel mixture out by allowing too much air into the combustion chambers.
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

i went from a 2.73 open, i already have a Marauder Maf and a 91 octane tune from MPT

Comment

Ah, great, sorry I didn't catch that you had a tune.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Beautiful MGM! I like the Marauder front end treatment and the body shop did a good job. You wouldn't know unless you did a Carfax. Gears really help these cars out a bit; even with an old box. As I have said to many other members, you have stepped upon a long and slippery slope.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                              X