140 Speedo for sale (Craigslist)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

140 Speedo for sale (Craigslist)

Since I'm already buying one from John and it's too new anyways.

90-91 Police speedo
    http://westernmass.craigslist.org/pts/4590305256.html

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

buy the odometer gears and replace before installing... Bonus that it comes with the wireharness so it can be fitted anywhere it will physically fit.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Damn, if only I still had my '90
      1971 Mustang Coupe - Weekend Warrior
      1990 Crown Vic - Driver/Project

Comment

It looks to be in better shape than the one I got, and for slightly less money (not by much). If the seller is willing to ship I'd say it's still a good deal even with the cost of shipping added on.

Originally posted by sly View Post
        buy the odometer gears and replace before installing... Bonus that it comes with the wireharness so it can be fitted anywhere it will physically fit.
        ^ +1 Definitely get replacement gears unless, like me, you already have replacement gears in your current unit. The lousy gears of turn-to-wax fail are pretty much guaranteed to be useless, crumbling pieces of wax.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
          It looks to be in better shape than the one I got, and for slightly less money (not by much). If the seller is willing to ship I'd say it's still a good deal even with the cost of shipping added on.
          That's what I thought, figured I'd put it up here for anyone who wanted it.

Just doing my duty

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

That almost looks like it can fit in a '92-94 Grand Marquis... can it?
            1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
              That almost looks like it can fit in a '92-94 Grand Marquis... can it?
              It will fit, but I think someone who has experience with such new cars would be able to tell you better what needs to be done (if anything) to make it work. I think u have to swap the circuit in the back of the cluster, but I could be wrong.
              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

It will fit and it will work. The cluster is exactly the same as the 92-94 GM cluster.
                But you do have to change out the printed circuit to the 92-94 GM.
                And you loose the o/d light.

Comment

Originally posted by mcninetyone View Post
                  It will fit and it will work. The cluster is exactly the same as the 92-94 GM cluster.
                  But you do have to change out the printed circuit to the 92-94 GM.
                  And you loose the o/d light.
                  That's what I thought, but having pretty much zero experience with any panther newer than 91 I wasn't sure.
                  I'm drawing a blank... what is the "o/d light" again?
                  Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Overdrive.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I made a deal with the guy for the gauges, $50 shipped. He won't accept a Postal Money order, only CASH. So I told him no. Oh well.
                      89 Colony Park
                      90 Colony Park
                      70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

only cash... yeah... avoid.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Very tempting then. For local pickup I mean. MA isn't too far away...

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Did you call this guy, text or email? I shot him a text but now I'm wondering if it's a landline lol

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                              Did you call this guy, text or email? I shot him a text but now I'm wondering if it's a landline lol
                              Well, not sure if I waited too long but I shot the guy an e-mail. If he still has it for sale I'll be making a trek to Massachusetts (likely with my Mirage, fuel costs) for pickup. Even if having an 85 mph speedo wasn't an issue, mine becomes more and more optimistic after 50-55MPH. 85 is really 72-ish. So yeah. Will do the gear and circuit swap at the same time, along with adding LED's so I never have to touch them again.

Comment

Working...
                              X