1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo! Here's some photos of my ride. I'll update this thread as I make modifications to the car.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-30 17.08.00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1302534

Name:	2013-12-16 17.37.27.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1302535

Name:	2014-05-30 18.58.20.jpg
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1302536

Name:	2014-06-16 21.47.52.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1302537

Name:	2014-07-01 19.50.34.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1302538

Name:	2014-07-01 19.50.45.jpg
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1302539
    I'm going to a car show this weekend, here in Prescott! Vehicles from 1989 and before are eligible. I will probably be the only Panther there! I'll take plenty of photos of the event.

Cool car. Looks great!. Enjoy the car show.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks good!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by cherniydiavel View Post
        I will probably be the only Panther there! I'll take plenty of photos of the event.
        Represent!
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Looks great! I had a white '91 LX for a while that had a black 'carriage' roof.
          David
          1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX
          14 previous Panthers, gone but not forgotten....

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Comment

In preparation for the car show, I washed it with a friend. I hope it's still shiny in the morning!

Name:	2014-08-01 22.34.04.jpg
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1276101

Comment

Oh man, that's beautiful. You got all the good stuff with this car- LX trim, turbine wheels, power everything, etc. I've always had a thing for '88-'91 LTD Crown Victorias. You make me want to get a set of 16 inch turbines custom-made for the next panther I buy (likely an '88-'91 LTD CV). Your car wears the stock 15 inchers perfectly. And wow, I can't believe how good your vinyl top looks. I wouldn't even consider slicktop converting that- at least not yet. Once it gets nice and crusty and crackly, that's a good time. It'll look really nice with the metal roof.

But if that vinyl top's mint? Leave it, and rock it. I think you're doing that quite well.
                  Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 08-03-2014, 08:40 PM. Reason: Added some context.
                  '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                  '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                  '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Wow, thanks man! I love the turbines very much. When I first drove the car home from my Grandmother's house, it had original white-line tires on it. Big mistake… three of them blew out all at once. If it wasn't for those rims and the power steering, I would have destroyed the wheels and perhaps rolled the car. But they were very strong and I could control the car and move off the interstate and call a tow truck. I plan to keep all the trim and equipment there until they break, and then replace and upgrade

Comment

A week ago I attended a car show. I was the youngest person with a car there, and I had the newest car. A little crowd formed and some people even offered to buy the car! A nice gesture and made me feel good. There were no other Panther platforms to speak of, but there was a very lovely Ford LTD there as well. I was placed in the truck section! Lol! Here are some photos of the event.

Name:	2014-08-02 08.16.38.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1276155
                      A really cool decal, and some slick orange paint.

Name:	2014-08-02 08.54.48.jpg
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1276156
                      I dig rat rods!

Name:	2014-08-02 08.57.02.jpg
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1276157
                      How about this track car? It even carried a full-size spare.

Name:	2014-08-02 10.50.33.jpg
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1276158
                      My baby. Parked in the truck section. Apparently I'm too tough to be a car

Name:	2014-08-02 09.42.16.jpg
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1276159

Name:	2014-08-02 09.41.59.jpg
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1276160

Name:	2014-08-02 09.42.21.jpg
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1276161
                      The other Ford LTD, in immaculate condition although a little dirty.

Name:	2014-08-02 14.31.28.jpg
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1276162
                      Driving home, a torrential downpour and a local firetruck. It was a good day.

Comment

That maroon LTD coupe looks like a '71 or '72. Damn. I can't remember the last time I've seen one from those model years in that good of shape in person. Those poor door bushings and door hinges, haha. Interesting interior layout too- note how all the controls are on the left side of the cockpit. Guess they expected passengers to be nothing more than dead weight. Nice box Townie cameo in the last shot!

And +1 for being too tough to be a car, haha. I say that about Ebyt periodically. She's more like a battleship. Large, menacing, impossible to park, undeniably cool, etcetera.
                        Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 08-10-2014, 05:01 PM. Reason: Added some context
                        '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                        '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                        '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Howdy folks, it's been a while since I've been on here. My car is totaled right now, I dropped a rod coming from Scottsdale to Prescott and it slammed straight through the engine block and oil pan. The car lit on fire (luckily it was contained in the engine bay) and I managed to pull it over and get out before I got lung cancer. It has been towed back to my parent's home in Scottsdale and we are looking into a new engine (3-5k AND LABOR). If it is too much, the Vic may just sit in my backyard as a beautiful sculpture until I get more money to fix it. I'm in college right now, so money is tight for me, but I will see what I can do over the next few months (or years). So… yeah that's about it. I'm devastated. I don't want a new car, I just want my crown vic back.

EDIT: It had the stock engine and was @105,XXX miles on the odometer. I was the 2nd owner, the 1st being my grandparents. It was garage kept most of its life… I have no clue why it failed!
                          Last edited by cherniydiavel; 09-23-2014, 07:38 PM. Reason: forgot to add the mileage for reference

Comment

dayum. that sucks.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You've kept that car in beautiful shape!!! Very nice

Packman

Comment

Working...
                              X