My latest $600 car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest $600 car

These photos aren't the greatest, but they're what I have so far from the people who sold it to me. Still have to get it shipped in. It's a 1996 with 132k miles. Basically needs a good cleaning, a multi-function switch, glass for the driver's side mirror, and passenger side front marker lens. Plus the usual window motors. Note that it still has the factory engine cover. Same color in and out as our '95, including the Willow Green leather interior. My wife and I will have fun confusing people with the 'twins'.
    Attached Files
    David
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX
    14 previous Panthers, gone but not forgotten....

Looks like it might need a stainless exhaust sometime, judging by that rusty shin-cutter pipe!

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

LS trim with the digidash! You got the good stuff, no doubt. I've been lusting after aero MGMs like yours for a while.

From what I can see, $600 was a great price. Amazing how the paint hasn't faded either. Almost all the aero Grand Marqs that I've seen in person with that color scheme are faded. Looks a LOT better when it's not faded. And wow, that single exhaust pipe hangs low. Haha. All the more reason to go for true duals with high flow cats.
      Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 08-01-2014, 06:53 PM.
      '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
      '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
      '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by fordnmerc View Post
        My wife and I will have fun confusing people with the 'twins'.
        haha, nice! congrats, same year as mine 1996 GMQ HPP. But your '96 got new style steering wheel, so '95 got older brick steering wheel, you wont get confused :P
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Nicest looking $600 car I have seen in quite a while.

mike

Comment

Nice car for the money ! If you want to get rid of the engine cover, let me know. My mechanic broke mine today.

Comment

Yeah, that tail pipe will definitely need a bit of attention.

Here are some photos of our '95 with 86k original miles. No fade on this one either, just reflections in the pics. I need to take some better photos, but so far I haven't had the time when the sun hasn't been a b*tch.
              Attached Files
              David

Comment

Figured I might as well include photos in this thread for our '86 GS that we got on ebay a couple of weeks ago for $549.99. I posted about it in the new member section, but I know that not everyone reads all those posts in that section.

This car has 41k original miles. Was owned by the grandmother of the guy we bought it from. Waiting for this one to be shipped in as well. It needs some cleaning, surface rust removal, the vinyl on the roof taken off, and really not much else. Ebay was a big help with a perfect hood ornament for under $5 shipping included, a beautiful set of original wheel covers for $90 total, and an NOS dash for $199.95 which is usually what you pay for good used. That sucker still has the date of manufacture of July, 1979 on the underside! It's a bit lighter in shade than the original in the '86, but my wife and I like the idea of the contrasting shades of blue. Oh yeah, I also got a distributor boot off ebay....they look naked without one. Except for a few little burns in the front seat and the base of the shift lever showing some surface rust, the interior is in great shape. All 4 windows actually work. One of the back ones just gets a little off track at times. It's going to be fun and easy to get this car looking great again. We love the spartan options....no cruise control, the original am/fm stereo without cassette, and the old-fashioned analog clock. The tires are new, as are the plugs and wires, and there are even a bunch of spare body parts (car, not human) and whatnot in the trunk. A heck of a great deal.

It's going to be VERY difficult to decide which one to sell. It would be fun to have the twins, but hard to let go of this '86. And we only have room to keep two.

The '95 was $2000. The '96 was $600. The '86 was $549.99. Several years ago, I said I would never again pay more than $5000 for a vehicle, because there are good deals to be had out there. I think I will cut that figure down by more than half now.

Definitely keeping that '96 engine cover. Reminds me of when I bought an '04 CV LX slightly used back in 2004, though. It was an early '04 and still had the previous engine cover design from the factory. Someone with a later '04 didn't like the newer style cover as well and asked if I would swap and I said sure. They both looked good in their own right in my opinion.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by fordnmerc; 08-02-2014, 02:05 AM.
                David

Comment

These photos aren't the greatest, but they're what I have so far from the people who sold it to me. Still have to get it shipped in. It's a 1996 with 132k miles. Basically needs a good cleaning, a multi-function switch, glass for the driver's side mirror, and passenger side front marker lens. Plus the usual window motors. Note that it still has the factory engine cover. Same color in and out as our '95, including the Willow Green leather interior. My wife and I will have fun confusing people with the 'twins'.
                  "Do your pipes hang low, do they wobble to and fro..."

Nice find.
                  1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Strange how the '86 has no cruise but the much more aesthetically-pleasing upgraded analog clock.
                    1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                      Nice car for the money ! If you want to get rid of the engine cover, let me know. My mechanic broke mine today.
                      I think I have a engine cover for a '96 GM sitting around but would have to look for it. PM me if interested.....Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

It's going to be VERY difficult to decide which one to sell. It would be fun to have the twins, but hard to let go of this '86. And we only have room to keep two.
                        Keep the cars with the cleanest frames. It they're all good, make a list of pros and cons for each to help you decide.
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                          I think I have a engine cover for a '96 GM sitting around but would have to look for it. PM me if interested.....Bobby
                          You have a PM

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                            Keep the cars with the cleanest frames. It they're all good, make a list of pros and cons for each to help you decide.
                            Yup, that's the plan. So far, the '95 is clean as a whistle....Ziebarted when new. The other two have to get here yet. Got a quote of $350 today to ship in the '96 and I'm happy about that. Already got the few parts I need on the way from ebay sellers as well.
                            David

Comment

This makes me feel like I really got ripped off with the total of $1,070 I ended up paying for my '93, with a way worse body, worn suspension, non-working A/C and a broken odometer.
                              1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Working...
                              X