Body lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body lift

I don't know if this is the right place to post this so mods, please move it if necessary. I put 22" rims on Mz Perl (2005 Grand Marquis) and every now and again, I get rubbing on the front passenger or driver's side depending on what I'm doing (hitting a bump or taking a corner/curve too fast). I'm looking to lift the body 1-1½" and was told that spring spacers or longer Springs would be the way to go. I don't know what Springs to get and can't, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, find spring spacers for her! Do you guys have any suggestions or advice? Btw... I don't have a sh!t ton of $$$. Thanks for looking.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/d...crown-victoria

2003 should be the same setup as 2005. There's listing for 1.5 rear, but only 1" up front. I think due to the nature of the beast, being the coil-overs up front, you may be limited to what can actually be put there without having to modify stuff. If you're only just rubbing occasionally though, 1 inch should be plenty.

I have no clue how to install them though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I actually checked those out but didn't think about the two being the same setup. How can I tell/find out if they have the same setup?

Comment

Originally posted by mjohnsoniii View Post
        I actually checked those out but didn't think about the two being the same setup. How can I tell/find out if they have the same setup?
        2003-11 had no suspension changes...
        1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Sweet! Thanks Drifter. I guess I'll be ordering from Summit

Comment

I thought you were referring to these type of spacers:
            http://www.benzworld.org/forums/atta...attachment.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X