Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LOADED. clean CA car. Delivery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LOADED. clean CA car. Delivery!

This car has given me years of excellent service. I've taken great care of it and it has returned the favor. I bought it from the original owner with 69k miles on it in spotless condition. Now, I am moving to Australia with my wife and this Tow Boat needs a new home. I would be very happy if a panther enthusiast would take it instead of some punk who would abuse and neglect it. It is in great shape! It is clean, professional, and incredibly reliable.

EVERYTHING WORKS! *Front door locks are manual only. Rear windows work but sometimes need a hand on their way back up. Headliner and carpet are in great shape. Chrome looks great, tires are great condition. Snow chains are included, never used. A/C works. Has aftermarket alarm.

It has the original v8 Ford 302 5.0 fuel injected engine. I run it on Full Synthetic Mobil1 10-30 oil and OEM Motorcraft FL-1A oil filter. NO funny noises from engine. Starts right away every time. I always allow it to warm up before I put it in gear. NO leaks, not anywhere. This thing loves to run and do work.

Transmission shifts perfectly. I had it upgraded for towing my little detailing trailer in 2009(?). I had all heavy duty components put in: A+ Servo, ratcheting sprag, kevlar bands, Shift Kit, Auxiliary trans oil cooler, etc... It works perfectly and pulls HARD. The work cost about $1200 and now the trans could handle a whole lot of power. Have receipt for the work.

Upgrades:
    -$1200 Transmission upgrades as detailed above
    -2 row all aluminum radiator with lifetime warranty
    -Bosch water pump
    -Trailer hitch with 4-way flat connector and fused 12v power plug-in at hitch.
    -adult stereo with cd player and good speakers
    -K&N cold air intake(not in use because illegal here). WIX filter in OEM airbox now.

There is nothing wrong with this car. The only things to mention are only cosmetic:
    -paint is slightly fading but NO peeling and NO rust.
    -front leather seats have some splits.
    -both rear quarter panels have minor dents.
    -vinyl top has cracks

Delivery is available for this car if you're interested! Just throw in a little cash for gas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mercury11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	1302553Click image for larger version

Name:	mercury6.jpg
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1302554Click image for larger version

Name:	mercury2.jpg
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	1302555Click image for larger version

Name:	mercury7.jpg
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	1302556Click image for larger version

Name:	mercury1.jpg
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	1302557Click image for larger version

Name:	Mercury10.jpg
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1302558Click image for larger version

Name:	mercury3.jpg
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	1302559Click image for larger version

Name:	mercury5.jpg
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1302560

Original mileage of 128,000 miles and counting. Solid and planted car, front end in great shape, many new suspension/steering bits. I get 23mpg on the highway, about 19 around town. Passes CA Smog with flying colors: 0.0 carbon, which means it could not be any cleaner inside. Current Registration, Clean title in hand. I'm pricing this to get it moved and because I really want someone who will care for it to take it. Asking $2500 obo. Located in Davis CA, 95616: Between Sacramento and San Francisco.
    I have maintained this car like it was a member of the family and I never thought I would sell it. Please take care of this thing for me!
    Last edited by sleeprstreet; 08-04-2014, 09:06 PM.

Price Drop to $2000 Or Best Offer

Comment

over 1700 miles from me... little far for that... nice car though and good luck on selling it to someone that will take care of it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Price drop to $1850. Must sell ASAP!

Comment

really surprised nobody has jumped on this (especially the donk crowd). Do you have it listed locally?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sly, I'm very surprised too. I have it listed locally on CL and I have big neon signs on the car itself. It will be going on ebay in a day or two. CA offers $1500 to scrap your old car and I think that's ludacris with a car I've given so much care to. I'll give it a little longer, I might just have to roll through downtown Sacramento with the signs up a couple times... that should do it.

Comment

Wow. CA will give you $1500 to scrap a car? That's an insane amount of money. I guess they're trying to remove the insentive to sell "beater" cars which is unfortunate. How can those with lower incomes afford a car at that point?

I sold my '87 Fleetwood late last year for $750 to a dude that loved it. I just saw him driving it last week and the thing was all fixed up and looking nice. I'm happy it went to a good home rather than the crusher.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

The farm workers love the cars with the big trunks. They can "re-direct" more produce from the fields to sell privately. If it is advertised in the auto trader, it will be gone.

Comment

Sold

Comment

Working...
                  X