No announcement yet.

Centrifugal. Supercharger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a good custom rear with c lcip eliminators among other things are pretty nice bunch of guys i know run built 8.8 rears in thier stangs no problem......like 10-8 sec mustangs in the 1/4
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
      Paxtons were used on many 289 and 302 Mustangs.
      OEM on some t-Birds IIRC... Y-Block?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
        OEM on some t-Birds IIRC... Y-Block?
        "F" Birds. They were either Paxton, or McCullough (sp?) superchargers, not sure which ones. But they were 312 Y blocks.

I saw a red '57 Ford Fairlane at the Ford Nationals this year, with the rare F code.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
          a good custom rear with c lcip eliminators among other things are pretty nice bunch of guys i know run built 8.8 rears in thier stangs no problem......like 10-8 sec mustangs in the 1/4
          Most C clip eliminators are made for strait line usage not leagle for open track style running .For that reasn wont use them on my cars. Pricing all the goodies to make a 8.8 realy servive extreame usage cost about 3K
          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
            Based off of a bit of research, I can see using the XE 258 for supercharged and nitrous applications, to get further in depth in the performance side of things, my choice of heads would be the Kaase p-38 heads, as they utilize the canted valve design, other makers make them, blue thunder,brodix,yates... all excellent choices with canted valve heads, however the kaase are the cheapest that you will find, they come fully assembled , and have custom valvecovers.
            For blower usage, i would use procharger or whipple, ive also found stuff they make for first gen lightnings to be of use in our panthers. for tuning i would also use microsquirt, relativly cheap and decent tuning abilities, MAF not required, If your looking at other tuning, you can also use tweecer, or moates quarter horse, there is a guy named Adam Marrer at pops racing who can tune remotely with the right setup, he also can tune speed density, which i would reccomend a mustang DA-1 ecu for ease of tuning
            For the transmission there are many ways to do so, personally for an AOD id use lentech guts with hardened 300 m shaft, dirty dog 31 splien converter(he has a new one for both aod and 4r70w now), and a silver fox SPTR valve body, sus pension well, the one i had i liked very much, but turbo has a really neat setup! beef up the rear a bit add a custom or mmx driveshaft, and youll be grinnin... i think lol
            .........whew thats the most ive said in a while, good luck with your endevors in performance!

YIS-Zoomie
            I got to look at a set of Kasse P38 heads and talk with the guy that desiged them at a BBF seminar a few years back. They should be realy used aon a 351 stroker motor for best results. They flow way too much air at low lifts to work well on a 302 even a 351 except for very high RPM use. They are sweet looking ports. Foud it hard to get flow numbers but finialy did ricently. Even ask Kasse for dyno graphs on the basicly stock 302 in his adds as I FIGURED LOW END POWER WAS CRAP. Still no info on that.
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
            X