PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: 1990 Colony Park air ride

n00b

Default 1990 Colony Park air ride

Is it worth converting over to air ride in a 1990 colony park. The car will see some tow duty bUT mainly it'll be a family hauler. Arnott systems has reasonably priced air ride parts for the 1990+ TC's. Can they be retrofitted? I know earlier CP's had the option. Anyone attempted or done the conversion?

I post a lot...

There are two options.

Original option available in 1990 was automatic air shocks. Some have retrofitted this. It is relatively simple with a donor car.

Later panthers went to air springs. I don't know anyone who has converted to air springs yet but a few have looked into it and it seems doable.
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

if you're not hung up on it being automatic, you can install load assist air springs and manually fill them. They sit inside the coils and you just add air as needed. a small 12v cig lighter compressor will do it. a hybrid option would be to use those things with the air shock system that was available on the boxes. That would leave you a lot more shock absorber options, and get the auto-level at the same time. Full on air springs is something on my list of to-do items but the parts have been in the box at least a year now without me opening it to see whats there.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

fomoco panthers !

Air Lift makes the air bags that go inside the springs. JC Whitney sells them. I have had them on two cars and like them.