Trouble with new Stereo 87 grand marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with new Stereo 87 grand marquis

Im helping my brother install an aftermarket radio in his 87 grand marquis. We've hooked everything up and get no sound. From what ive been reading is that is has to do with the factory amp. The car has the premium sound system. I don't have the time to help him run new speaker wires right now. Is there a way to bypass this amp. I also read unplugging it or an adapter is available but i can't seem to locate it on the internet. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Try Sonic Electronix. I have dealt with them. No problems.

Comment

i have the same wiring harness they sell.... i need to bypass the amp or the right harness which will power the amp. in have no sound coming through the speakers. The factory stereo works just find. Cant get the aftermarket one to work

Comment

There is a bypass harness out there but I ran new wires on my wagon, just easier that way. The amp doesn't run(isn't wired) like a normal amp (+/- in and out for all corners).
        1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

I have, I believe the PAC 1, in my '87 GM and IIRC the front speakers are wired to it only and the backs stay the same. I also have the dash speakers as I believe you do. Got mine from Crutchfield but not sure they make this unit anymore.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Might be it but did it so long ago I would have to dig out the documentation to be certain.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5272_PAC-OEM-1.html

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Might be it but did it so long ago I would have to dig out the documentation to be certain.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5272_PAC-OEM-1.html

Comment

Says 1990 and above. Will it work for the 87 ?

Comment

Originally posted by baymedic View Post
                  I would check with them or Crutchfield (which is where I got mine).

Comment

Originally posted by baymedic View Post
                    I would check with them or Crutchfield (which is where I got mine).

Comment

If its the football shaped amp, you're stuck with running new wires. There is no bypass for it, and the original wiring is not compatible with most stereos made in the last 25 years or so. If its the square amp, and I doubt that it is, the later style bypass harness works.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yep its the football amp

Comment

Working...
                        X