302 Carburated, Fuel delivery proplem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

302 Carburated, Fuel delivery proplem..

Hello good fellas, So.. the proplem is my car wont stay running for longer than 10-15 seconds, and how i get it running is by switching on and off 3 times to fill the carb up, and then start and he fires right up. but then he dies after 10secs..

What could be the proplem ?

"The fuel pump prime sounds quite weak."

What did you use for a fuel pump ? If this was converted to a carb from CFI, it will need either a mechanical pump or a low pressure electric pump installed, and the original high pressure pump needs to be removed.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I used the original fuel pump and a fuel pressure regelator

Comment

There you go, pressure is too high, probably flooding the carb
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I dont think so, Becouse i have to switch on and off to get it up to 6 PSI, then i start it up and it falls down to 0 psi and dies after about 10 seconds..

Comment

You either don't have enough flow, or the regulator has a problem. It sounds likely that the original pump is dead and needs to come out anyway. I'd drop the tank, remove the pump entirely in favor of a steel pickup tube, and install a low pressure pump to run all this.

Silly question, but you have replaced the fuel filter at some point, right ? If its totally clogged, it might do this. Also, a cracked hose between the fuel pump and the pickup plate will do this too. The pump needs to be running the entire time the key is on. If you have not powered it directly off the key, and its still hooked up to the computer somehow, its not going to work.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I't has a new fuel filter , I took the gas tank out of my part car and i'm gonna installing him and see if i get fuel pressure.. But yes.. i think it would be easiest just to get low pressure fuel pump.

Comment

How are you powering the fuel pump?

Comment

Working...
                X