I can't help myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't help myself...

So a few weeks ago, I sold my 1994 Town Car. Didn't really want to, but got an offer I couldn't refuse. In search of a new car, I wanted something efficient, midsize, and low-key.

I found a decent Honda Accord, with only 72,000 miles on it in great shape. The owner wanted $1,500 just to get rid of it. But I hate Hondas like fat chicks hate cardio.

I bought a champagne gold 1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Two previous owners, all original except for the all-new Pioneer stereo system. Five new Firestone tires, one of which is on the full-size matching alloy spare tire. 244,000 miles and this car runs like a dream, averaging 22 mpg per tank. She even has the original air suspension, and it's flawless.

At $2,200 I think I got a great deal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1409594706496.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	1302623

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

All original, eh? Still have the original oil? Nice find. Hope you enjoy it. Hard to go wrong with these cars.
    Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
    Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
    Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
    Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

Nice! Glad the high mileage didn't scare you away. If anything, it tells you that the car was well maintained and built to last!

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
      2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
      2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

High mileage? That works out to about 14,500 per year, which is fairly average use. And I prefer high mileage to extremely low mileage. Low mileage cars are often neglected due to the fact that the owner sees no reason to change anything since the car isn't driven. With the high mileage, people are more prone to maintain the cars better because they know they are always counting on it to last.

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Comment

I meant high mileage in a sense that people generally stop using these cars after they reach a certain mileage and age. At least where I live, some people think it's more cost effective to scrap a 175,000 mile car than fix whatever small problems it might have.

I'll definitely take my chances with a 200k mile car than a car that probably hasn't seen the road in 10 years.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
          2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
          2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLincoln View Post
            I hate Hondas like fat chicks hate cardio.
            You should become a comedian.
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Nice! And 5,132 Units of Cool for forgetting the Honda.

Pete
              Originally posted by gadget73
              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Quick update...

Haven't been on in a while, thought I would share a couple pics of the work in progress.

New tires, new shocks, bigger sway bars, and two coats of wax. I think she's looking better...
                Attached Files

Comment

you done good! a fuel efficient beater and a nice towny without breaking the bank.

i paid five times that for my 06 towny with 50,000 miles.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

New tires in september and new ones already? Either you're doing too many donuts or they weren't as new as the owner said.
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

So I found the wheels I had been looking for. Not bad for $200. Other than that, nothing new. Just want to bump up my post so I can find it more easily.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice wheels. I went looking for a 96-97 when I went looking for a new areo. Ended up with a box.

Comment

I saw an aero Town Car the other day, it was red, clean, slicktop and had factory dual exhaust. I think I like the aero TC better than the box. If I can find one cheap, I'll buy it for a nice cruiser. Just swap a PI engine or maybe DOHC into it with some low gears.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I saw a red aero TC for sale last week. If I see it again I'll try to get you the info. It looked pretty good.

Comment

Like those rims much better.
                              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                              X