MPT 87 octane tune coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPT 87 octane tune coming soon

I've had my 2008 MGM for a few months now and it's time for a tune.My plan is to try the 87 performance tune from MPT and later after I get the 2004+ CVPI 80mm airbox and ziptube a BOC 87 or 91 tune.My only mods so far are dual exhaust and 3.55 gears.

I'm using my SCT tuner that I've had for several years.I used it to tune my 2011 Mustang but needed to have it unlocked by SCT to use on the MGM.
    It cost me $150.00 to have it unlocked but that's ok.I should have my tune from MPT in a couple of days and will report back and let you guys know how things went.

"return to stock" before selling the old car and it gives you back your unlock... FYI.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I was aware of the tuner being married to the Mustang but it was highly modified with a supercharger.It was dyno tuned and would not have run if returned to stock

I'm glad I held on to my tuner and after updating it I now have room for 10 custom tunes.I cleared all of my old Mustang tunes so they are not accidently loaded to the Grand Marq.I can't wait to get my tune and see how it responds.

Comment

ah... in that case I probably would have let the tuner go with the car too... but $150 for an unlock is a good deal considering the things are twice that off the shelf.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I loaded my MPT 87 performance tune today with great results

everything was flawless and the tune is just what I wanted.The first thing I noticed was my speedo corrected for the 3.55 gears.The shift points are now where they should be and throttle response is so crisp.

I have what they call a chill transmission tune and it's just a little firmer then stock and works perfect for my driving.I'll have more to report later after relearn but so far I'm very happy with the tune.

Comment

nice.

Comment

Working...
            X