New harness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New harness?

Does anyone know where to get a whole new engine bay harness that plugs in from the fire wall for a 84 grand marquis??
    sigpic

junk yard. There's no aftermarket support for wiring on panthers.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks guy. And also do you know if I run a accel ignition control module should I not advance the timing to 13*? And one more question how do you add the cool signatures after each post?
      sigpic

Comment

New ignition system or not, your best timing will depend on a lot of things, including the plugs you run, the octane rating of your fuel, and how hot your engine runs. Set it to 10* or so and keep cranking it up until you hear detonation or feel power loss.

To get a signature, click "settings" in the top right corner of the page, and in the page that appears you'll find "edit signature" under the My Settings section on the left side.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Okay so I ran the accel ignition module and it ran awesome! But them it started missing while I was driving and taking forever to crank just to see what would happen I went back to the stock module and it ran fine but less pep like with the module. Is that suppose to happen? Or was the accel module to much for the computer? Is there a aftermarket ECM that can accept the module that's high performance?
          sigpic

Comment

Its an '84. That engine won't accept high performance. Its right down there with the weakest motors Ford ever made, and its not because of the computer. The fuel injection system it uses, the cam, and the cylinder heads are most of the issue. Also, these have a lousy timing chain design that can let the cam skip and bend valves.

Truth be told, the best thing you can do with a CFI car is to do the vacuum lines, timing chain, tune it up, put dual exhaust on it, and enjoy the fuel economy. Its never going to be fast unless you push it off a cliff or change the engine and it's injection system out to something better. When they're running right, CFI is smooth as glass and cheap on fuel but thats really all you can honestly say for it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That's just it.... I had the heads and Intake ported out I put a double rolling timing chain in it with a torque cam. I also have shorts and straight pipe exhaust. The SOB moves but I tried the accel module out and it worked for a little then it started missing.
              sigpic

Comment

its probably running too lean. The CFI system does not take well to modifications. Someone on here did mess with one, going with larger injectors and changing the pressure regulator settings but I can't quite recall who it was.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I decided to ditch the accel module and went back to stock and it runs way better. It cruises nicely and has alittle pep. It is a little lean but it was worse before I changed out all the sensors and back to motorcraft plugs.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X