No announcement yet.

am i missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had supercharged cars and they are a blast but NA is what I like best.The good thing about your build is you still have that 9:4 compression .If you decide later to add some boost your bottom end is ready for it.These cars can go a gazillion miles if properly maintained lol

Comment

yea im in and out on the thought of getting trickflow heads down the road its just i feel ill lose a lot on gas.

Comment

The PI heads flow pretty darn good so even if you don't get the Trickflows you should still make good power.Are you going with longtube headers?

I would love to get me a set of Kooks or SW longtubes but Cali smog takes that option away from us.

Comment

sw i have the full exhaust

Comment

A cammed bolt on SOHC 4.6 isn't going to make anywhere near 450 hp at the tires.

The stock bottom end should be fine for a NA, bolt on 4.6 with a robust tune. Headers/ exhaust, intake, cams, plenum, TB, and associated fuel system updates with a good tune will make plenty of power for a 4.6. If you can swing the TF TW heads, they are also a big improvement. My friend has a set on his '03 Lightning, and they showed significant power gains over stock.

No need for a high volume oil pump with a stock pan; thats only going to create issues for you.

A converter and gears will really wake it up. Depending on where the cams you select make power, 3.73s, or 4.10s are probably where you are going to want to be. Wherever you source a converter, have them recommend a stall speed; but with your combo and 3.73s-4.10s, I think you'd be anywhere from 2800-3400 depending on manufacturer.

I have a 3400 NLU in front of my AOD, and with 3.73s its a really snappy combo.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

^ that really is some good info.It's important to match your combo regarding heads,cam,intake and converter etc.

you may already know about these guys but if not check it out.

http://www.modularheadshop.com/Cams/2V/4.6LNA-SS.aspx

Comment

If you are going to use a 80MM MAF with K&N intake kit it will throw a CEL. The K&N kit is designed for a 70MM MAF. I had one on my 2005 P71 (stock 80mm maf) and I took it off because it kept throwing a CEL.
                2008 Vortech Supercharged Crown Victoria
                3.4" Pulley, 9 PSI. Awaiting Victor Jr, water-meth injection and 14PSI

Comment

Working...
                X