am i missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am i missing something?

i have an 03 marquis gs. i have an accel supercoil pack, ngk iridium plugs, sw exhaust and headers, meziere electric waterpump, 180 degree thermostat, accufab plenum, 75mm accufab tb, kn cold air intake, shift kit, and i will be getting a professional products intake manifold, 80mm mass air, 24lb injectors, high volume oil pump, and a chip.
    is there something that should be in the mix here that im not aware of, i want the engine to be perfectly sound. id like all the opinions i can get

a custom tune?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
      a custom tune?
      this.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yes sct 4bank and i left out the stage 1 cam, forgot about that

Comment

Sounds like you have it covered.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Gears and converter. Also, what kind of "shift kit" did you install?
            These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

torque converter? might be a dumb question but what does it do and will i gain a whole lot? and the kit http://www.americanmuscle.com/perfor...-kit-0104.html i havent had the chance to install it yet but i hear good things.

Comment

Yes, a smaller, higher stall converter and rear gear ratio upgrade, and trac-loc if you don't already have it. If you change the converter and add gears your tuner will have to account for this to get max benefit.

Didn't read through the whole link but it looks similar to a version of the J-mod. Did you change out/remove any accumulator springs while you were in there? Usually just drilling the separator plate at a few specific holes and removing the upper 1-2 accumulator spring will give you a nice firm shift. I did the J-mod on my 03 LX Sport and it shifts hard, but not so hard that it wants to bark the tires at every shift. That is just rough on drivetrain components to have it shifting that hard all the time. Worst I get is a belt squeal on the 1-2 shift if I hold it to the floor from a dead stop. Def. makes the shift firm at normal throttle. Nice and quick.
                These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

i havent put it in yet, but yea theres a bigger stronger spring that comes with it and a few bolts. i had a shift kit in my mark vii and it said it would chirp the tires and it didnt, it just made the car very explosive with a hard smooth shift. im hoping that this kit has the same effect. and the j-mod is used with the same valve body right?

Comment

Yeah, I'd personally just do the Jmod since it's a cheaper upgrade and does a very good job for my taste. It's like 30$ in parts and pretty straight forwards and simple. If my throttle body was bigger and my car didn't run lean, I'd say it would bark the tires. I highly suggest Jmod

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Man you are not fooling around lol.I bet your GM is going to fly once you get all the mods done and a solid tune.I only have exhaust,gears,87 perf tune on my 08
                      and It's like night and day compared to stock.

Comment

Ok thanks for the tip. And yea I have a lot of thought in what I want done. Just went to a speed shop today and they highly recommended I beef up my bottom end of the motor so it lasts so now I have more than I suggested. I have 30850 miles now so I have time lol

Comment

Do you plan on keeping it NA or are you planning to go forced induction?

I think the stock bottom end should be fine up to around 400rwhp with a good tune.It's good insurance to have the forged internals but even then the tune is the key to survival IMO

Please post some pics of your MGM so I know what it looks like.If I'm ever in Florida I'll no what Grand Marq to watch out for at the track/street lol

Comment

is doing the jmod that much of a benefit on later year valve bodys?
                            Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by zilla8 View Post
                              Do you plan on keeping it NA or are you planning to go forced induction?

I think the stock bottom end should be fine up to around 400rwhp with a good tune.It's good insurance to have the forged internals but even then the tune is the key to survival IMO

Please post some pics of your MGM so I know what it looks like.If I'm ever in Florida I'll no what Grand Marq to watch out for at the track/street lol
                              definitely keeping it na and it should be nearly 450rwhp when its all said and done. it is my daily driver so i need to make sure it handles the power daily, and down the line i might even get new heads and sit on this car while i ride around in something else. i dont want it over 65,000. and yea i have much trouble trying to post pics otherwise id have at least 10. ill have them on within the week my friend is much better with computers than me lol

Comment

Working...
                              X