Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flowmaster 40 series or super 40 delta flow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowmaster 40 series or super 40 delta flow?

So I'm trying to decide between what mufflers I wanna go with when I gut the primary cats. I like the sound of the super 10s but I fear constant harassment from the police. I've broke it down between the original 40 series and the super 40s which have the delta flow shit. Does anyone know if the sound is any different between the two? I can't find any way to compare the two sound wise
    2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
    54,xxx miles. New daily driver
    2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
    rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
    114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
    1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
    Dead and sold.

The deltas are quiet at idle and quiet in throttle the only way you hear em is WFO.. The original 40's of course in my opinion are the best.. Nice rumble but with drone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i had the traditional 40's on my 86 MGM. I loved the idle and around town exhaust tone, but on the highway it had a drone which got annoying after a while
      "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
      -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
      -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I perfer the Dynomax turbo mufflers. Like the sound better not as much drone biggest reason they flow a lot more air than the flowmasters.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

how much is the price difference?
          "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
          -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
          -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
          -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

One wold have to look up the prices on the Dyno max. Think the longer 3" ones used on my dually were about 60.00 each. 2 1/2 are cheeper depends on material length also SS is more pollished even more. The 3" flowmasters on my 77 4 x 4 are so loud have to wear ear plugs on long trips absolutely hate them and they were susposed to be the quietest ones they made.

Comment

I've got a pair of 3" 40s that I salvaged off of my uncle's Moostang that I've intended to have installed, but haven't gotten around to yet. The droning is a concern that I've had too, but I figured that if I leave the resonators in place, maybe that'll help minimize the drone?

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
              Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

There is no such thing as a 3" quiet muffler. Also the bigger the pipe dia compaired to small engine he louder it becomes. Guts are so large its more like no muffler and power is lost. 3" for a 302 is too big. mOST CASES TOO BIG FOR A 351. wOULD possibly work fine on my shelby that had a 650+ RWHP basicly a NASCAR 351C. Back then ther were no 3" HP mufflers though. Opening the headers on that it would burn the tires all the way down the strip launching at idle. On the street nufflers on it would outrun a can am prepaired 750 3 cyl kowasaki no problem.

Comment

I like the sound of the flowmasters better than the dynomaxes, my only issue is they only make the 2" 40 series in delta flow, not the original series
                  Dead and sold.

Comment

I thought whales had 2.25 stock pipes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nope, 2" stock
                      Dead and sold.

Comment

*shrugs*

2.5" for everyone!!!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Hahaha, I guess I could technically put 2 to 2.25 adapters on it couldn't i?
                          Dead and sold.

Comment

anything you want... just takes money.

Comment

Might want to check out Magnaflow mufflers as well. I've heard a few that sound decent. Might be time to youtube it.
                              These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Working...
                              X