No announcement yet.

Wagon Dual Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hose that Isn't connected is off of a group of 3 apparently, and the only thing I noticed that didn't have a hose on it was that nipple down in the second pic, but the connection was so loose I didn't think it went there. As far as I know the rest is hooked up properly. And yes the belt for the smog pump and AC is off on purpose haha Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140928_131435610.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1276422 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140928_131500039.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1276423
    Current cars:
    1989 Crown Victoria LTD wagon, 94,872 miles
    1990 Volvo 240 DL 318,513 miles
    I've tried foreign cars but I always come back to Ford in the end.

Comment

yeah... plug that line into that valve in the second picture. Should be where it goes. If you have a hose off like that, you'll run weird. Is the timing set right?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Double check your firing order for the stumbling. Did you check the gap on the plugs? I would chase those vacuum hoses and make sure you have no simple leaks. It's the old 289/302 order not the HO.

On the exhaust, I am running sedan tails on my wagon. You need to cut the pipe right after it loops over the axle. I took the tip of the sedan tail that I cut off and it made a perfect bend that I welded. Comes out the side directly behind the rear wheel. Both sides are this way. I'm running glass packs with stock cats and it's not particularly pleasing in sound.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
          I'm running glass packs with stock cats and it's not particularly pleasing in sound.
          Are you running louvered core or perforated glasspacks? Louvered sound like crap, perforated have a smooth tone. I like the way my Lincoln sounds, it's as good as you're gonna get a weak 160hp engine to sound. I wouldn't want anything that flowed less than a straight through muffler, don't have any power to lose.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I plugged that hose into the valve, but realized the issue was that out of the box one of my new plugs had cracked porcelain and was arching badly. Put one of my old ones back in and it runs like a champ now. Adjusted the TV cable as well, had a lot of slop in it. Shifts are firmer now. Doesn't feel like a slushbox. Thanks for the help though!
            Current cars:

Comment

I'm glad with some modification the sedan tails can fit, I have a welder so that's not a big issue. I would prefer to straight pipe because I have seen another wagon with straights and it sounded great. My inspection guy is an enthusiast of these cars so he'd pass it with straights as well. Thinking about deleting 2 of the 4 cats. But I've heard that can cause issues with these? And the firing order was correct, all it was, was a spark plug with cracked porcelain. Go figure. Runs like a champ now though. And doesn't smell like an oil fire.
              Current cars:

Comment

Back again.... The car was running pretty well for about a week and a half after doing VCG's and plugs, but day by day since then it has been bucking when not under load and sometimes when I hit the gas it makes no power and sounds like it's misfiring on pretty much all cylinders, shakes the whole front of the car when it does it. It's only intermittent which is what is strange. From a cold start it runs good for about 30 miles, then it just goes downhill fast. Idles high and I can hear the exhaust popping from misfires, But cold starting is fine. Only getting about 17 mpg which is really low for this car too. I'm suspecting ignition coil but I really don't know, I pulled some of the plugs and they were all the perfect tan color, It seems to be running ok in that aspect but not much else. I checked for vac leaks and didn't find any either. Any help would be massively appreciated, I have to road trip this thing 200 miles this weekend and I REALLY don't want to torture it like that. Thanks!
                Current cars:

Comment

Advance Auto Parts can order left and right duals for the wagons. i know.... ive tried... lol jk i just work there but we can get them
                  Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                  Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                  Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Working...
                  X