Wagon Dual Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagon Dual Exhaust?

Hey guys, The noob is back again. This time I'm looking for anyone who might know where to get a full exhaust kit for duals on the wagon. I can get the H pipe and mufflers for cheap but was wondering if anyone just sold the whole kit. I can get pipe bent but that's my last resort. I assume the easiest setup is side exit? 89 5.0 CV And also looking for opinions on the wheels and tires I put on, just some American racing black steels with bigger rear tires. Thanks again.
    Attached Files
    Current cars:
    1989 Crown Victoria LTD wagon, 94,872 miles
    1990 Volvo 240 DL 318,513 miles
    I've tried foreign cars but I always come back to Ford in the end.

The quick answer: no.

I don't think anyone makes the wagon tailpipes and those that get new pipes either bend their own or have a shop do it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Does Walker not have stock replacements anymore? And if not will sedan tails fit? I'd think they would, you'd just have to have them extended and turned out to fit like stock.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I know Walker used to make them but can't find them on Rockauto anymore. I guess the only question left is if a side exit would be best? Through RA the H pipe and 2 mufflers / glasspacks is $160. And doing a side exit would be way easier. But not entirely sure it's possible
        Current cars:

Comment

Not sure to be honest. It's possible But the wagon tail does a crazy arch to clear everything. Not sure if it's the same with the sedan or not. I'm just looking for a good sound and a little bit of power gain.
          Current cars:

Comment

Why not just get a dual exhaust system off a wagon at the JY?
            Or even the duals off a sedan, they are the same until you get over the rear axle.
            Some of those original systems are still in great shape, at least around here.

Comment

I wish I could, but I live in Vermont. To put it in perspective I have the only wagon crown vic that I've ever seen here, because the rest are all rotten from salt. I got it from montana. My previous car had 2 manifold back exhausts in one year from salt rot. And rot is what took that car off the road permanently (giant hole in A frame and the gas tank fell off, twice.... I'm parking the CV for winter to avoid that though. I'll torture my beater rav4 instead. Im considering the sedan exhaust, but I assume near the bend I would have to cut and do a side exit. Only thing different is the tail pipes which is nice though.
              Current cars:

Comment

The pipes need to exit on the side, normally behind the rear wheel, because it is a wagon. The exhaust can be drawn into the car via an open rear window otherwise.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Just got to mention that with the NY winters I went through two exhaust systems before I bit the bullet and went custom stainless. It sure would have been more economical if I had done that in the first place.
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Looks like some custom work is in order. Where in VT are you? I lived in Fairifax/Fairfield (near St. Albans) and my Uncle had a cheese plant in Swanton.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Sounds like you need to find a shop that'll oil undercoat the car to keep them from rusting. I'd do it even on a winter beater otherwise it won't last many winters.

Also as far as side exits go, if you want it to exit under the rockers and not just turndowns turned sideways, it'll hang down low so you'll need to watch out for curbs. I has side exits on my old 87 Mustang and they hit if I entered or left the driveway any faster than a crawl. It'd help to install cargo coils in the rear, that'll lift the rear and stiffen it so it won't compress as much.

If you want to save some money with sidepipes, I'd suggest unbolting the muffler and running an open y-pipe to see how loud it is, if you can stand it. If you keep the cats and use glasspacks like Thrush's, it probably won't be that loud but some people can't tolerate much louder than stock.
                      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

You can use the Impala over axle pipes and just need the end to turn out, it appears that you can bring them closer to the bottom of the car too. My exhaust would scrape after I lowered the rear too much but was fine on original springs. My new system will be larger and exit where the stock pipes come out. Paint may help aluminized pipes last a little longer.
                        1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Impala tails with a 45 degree elbow should work fine, and bring the exhaust behind the rear wjheels nicely. I think mrltd had that set up. My Dad put Impala tails with a 45 elbow on his winter beater (my old '90) and I really like the look.

An h pipe, 2" mufflers, and use a 2" OD to 2.5" ID adapter in front of the tailpipes to adapt to the mufflers. Probably want to get slightly shorter muffler cases to account for the adapter length. The Walker pipes are nice quality, and will likely last much longer than crinkle bent parts.
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Crinkle bent shop built pipes....

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...238#post736238

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Hopefully you'll be able to help me out with this one, As I was taking the intake mani off to do valve cover gaskets and plugs I managed to break the white bit at the back of the TV cable. I know the rarity of these things and how much they can screw your car, so I'm wondering if I'm pretty much done for or if this is fixable. Because I can't find this part anywhere. thanks.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140927_245526127.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1276413
                              Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                              X