No announcement yet.

Wagon Dual Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Walden and work out of Lyndonville. It seems like VT has the cheese business wrapped up haha
    Current cars:
    1989 Crown Victoria LTD wagon, 94,872 miles
    1990 Volvo 240 DL 318,513 miles
    I've tried foreign cars but I always come back to Ford in the end.

Comment

Maybe a junk yard?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty much broke View Post
        I live in Walden and work out of Lyndonville. It seems like VT has the cheese business wrapped up haha
        I was North West of you but I know your area.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Not much here haha. Which brings me to my next question unfortunately. In the process of taking off the intake manifold for valve cover gaskets I broke the white bit on the TV cable. The cable, spring, grommet, and clips are all still fine, but the white bit is broken. Am I screwed here or do you think I could make this work? Because if I can't the daily driver is gonna be down for the count until I locate that unicorn of a part. thanks!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140927_245526127.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1276414
          Current cars:

Comment

the white bit? You mean the clip that holds the rod in place on the cable? Or do you mean the center bit around the cable? that part around the cable isn't a big deal. The clip bit in the block section that holds it in place is though. Here's the fix I did on my car. I only have about half of that clip left (it still works, but just in case, I have this sliced up bit of hose and a small hose clamp on it.
            Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It's the white plastic thing that holds the cable straight, right now its limp. the clip part is fine. it's just an inner lining of plastic by the looks of it. Here's a pic. I attached one in the last pic but don't know if it worked. Click image for larger version

ID:	1276416
              Current cars:

Comment

oh... mine is like that too... ignore it. Just mount it back and go. That's not an important part. As long as all the black parts and that white pin in the block are good, it's fine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

My internet is all screwed up today so I apologize if this sent more than once. It's the white bit in the far back. it covers up the cable. the block and all of the clips are fine. It just hangs limp now and not straight when not attached to the throttle body. Heres a pic Click image for larger version

ID:	1276417
                  Current cars:

Comment

yes. Same as mine. Mine works fine when attached. That broke on mine too the first time I ever touched it. That was 5 years ago. No issues since.

Comment

Thanks a ton for the info on that, I was getting nervous. I think I bit off more than I could chew for the valve cover gasket job though. While I did successfully finish it finding where the vacuum lines went and where they came from almost drove me mad. Ran AWFUL on first startup only to find I forgot to re attach the MAP sensor hose. There are still 1 or 2 disconnected hoses but I'm pretty sure they're emmissions stuff. I guess going from working on volvo 4 bangers from the stone age to a v8 may not have been the best idea.
                      Current cars:

Comment

Just a quick question. Is there any reason that one couldn't have the outputs just in front of the rear wheels as long as the tips extend beyond the tires?

mike

Comment

I was wondering the same to be honest. It would give it a good look. And my rear window for the trunk door doesn't go down anyway. So no worries about updraft.
                          Current cars:

Comment

the problem with that is you pretty much need to put a 180 bend and then a 90 to get them out before the tires as the muffler exits about at the front edge of the wheel.

Comment

Back again haha. I really have no idea what's up this time, after doing the plugs and VCG's and putting everything back together it purrs at idle and will rev up really nicely in neutral or park. But when under load it surges and bucks when accelerating or if I'm on the gas at all. I know these things are prone to vacuum leaks but I don't think a vacuum leak would cause that. There is one hose that I haven't found a home for yet and I'm wondering if its that. But any ideas? Thanks
                              Current cars:

Comment

Maybe photos would help???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X