Just tracked 351w Efi fuel consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    yeah I'm not over fond of the smell of raw exhaust either. My beef with them as pertaining to this state is they are considered more important than working brakes and tires with tread. I feel this to be fairly stupid.
    Yeah, I'm all for emissions testing (done right), but if you have that it's hard to justify not having a safety inspection.

+1 for not wanting a car that smells like raw gas, but anyone whose followed my build would know that anyway haha.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Wow I'm glad others are fond of cats too! I made sure to put cats on when i re-did my exhaust, even with the added cost. #threadjacked. Sorry sick88tbird! If you can, post up your findings with the new system when you put it in
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
        Wow I'm glad others are fond of cats too! I made sure to put cats on when i re-did my exhaust, even with the added cost. #threadjacked. Sorry sick88tbird! If you can, post up your findings with the new system when you put it in
        Lol, I will post up my results with the new system but it'll be awhile, so nobody hold their breath waiting for it!
        '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
          I used to loathe cats as well back in teh day. Then I drove without them (open headers) for a couple months and that changed my attitude towards them. I still have a couple shirts that smell like hydrocarbons.

Packman
          My fury doesn't have cats and that's the only car I'll tolerate that with. After putting a dual cat-less exhaust on my 85 LTD I said never again. All it would take is one traffic light at high idle and I'd smell like hydrocarbons all day. No thanks.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

C'mon guys! That's the smell of horsepower! Lol. I actually haven't had a problem unless standing behind any of my cars, and this is the first with tailpipes! Lol
            '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Working...
            X