No announcement yet.

Suspension too stiff. Need Advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, after installing the rear sway bar it looks like that straightened out a lot of weirdness I've been noticing with the suspension. The car seems much more stable even with bad roads.

I'm thinking the "jackhammer" feeling I'm getting is actually from having wayyy too soft of shocks in the back causing the much stiffer front shocks to try to counter act the sea saw motion. I ended up ordering matching Gas-A-Justs for the back to stiffen it up as well as some Energy Suspension rear spring isolators. (Currently there's none back there... :O)

Yep, so I went the complete opposite route that I was originally thinking but now I'm leaning towards it's not the suspension is too stiff, it's just not balanced.

Originally posted by sly View Post
    if the load in the trunk is going to stay there all the time, you may want to put some load assist shocks in the rear (the ones with the springs on them) to help get the ass back up so you can get better mileage running down the road by not catching air under the car... and help out with not piling snow up under the car in the winter.
    The weight in the trunk is pretty much constant as I don't have a shed or garage to store my tools in. I checked out the load assist shocks for the rear but I figured I would try to match the shocks front and back first and then maybe go that route next. I know my friend has been looking into those for his car as he's always hauling a ton of crap too.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Working...
    X