Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok its been quite a while but the 347 - t5 swap is making progress!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok its been quite a while but the 347 - t5 swap is making progress!!!

It has been quite a while since i was on the site, a long long time ago i started a project on a 1986 Grand Marquis, 347 stroker with a t-5 swap.... about 6 years ago..... i finally got my finances under complete control and built up some fundage. At the time i had a problem with the cam bearing install. Sent it back to the machine shop and had the bearings replaced a 2nd time, then the engine sat empty and bare for about 2 years.

In the last 5 months i've re-assembled the short block, and i ordered the cylinder heads yesterday, the project is finally coming to life!!!

will post updated pics of the progress in a little while

Nick

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sweet! I hope that T5 has some beefy parts in it!

Good luck!
      -Don
      '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

posting some refresher pics, the new ones will be up tonight, these few pics are from when i first took the engine out, lol

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by sick88tbird View Post
          Sweet! I hope that T5 has some beefy parts in it!

Good luck!
          -Don
          That's what I was thinking!

Looks like a solid project.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Nothing more badass (and an eyecatcher) like a manual Panther!
            "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
            -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
            -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
            -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

more recent pics

old throw out bearing mount

new one installed

beginning of engine re-assembly

another one

progress

oops

got it out!!! turns out i got the wrong oil pan bolts

correct oil pan bolts and rails installed

lifters being installed

lifters installed

these will hopefully be here by monday

Comment

oooo shiny!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I like where this is going!!
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Is that aluminum cylinder heads I see on that invoice? What are the engine specs?

Loving everything I see.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

thanks guys its been a long time in the making, the engine specs are:

302 bored .30 over and notched for the stroker crank

eagle 347 stroker rotating assembly

ford racing high volume oil pump

hardened oil pump driveshaft

ford racing x303 cam .542" lift

pro comp aluminum cyl heads

210 cc
                      62cc chamber
                      2.02 intake
                      1.60 exhaust

stud mounted bearing, roller rockers

ford racing hyd roller lifters

ford updated lifter retainers from a 95 mustang 5.0

ford racing pushrods (not sure if i'm using these yet, i need to see if they will work once the heads are bolted down)

estimated 10:1 compression ratio

i'm going to go with a dual plane air gap intake

750 or 770 cfm carb not sure yet.

speed shop says this combo should be good for about 400hp

Nick
                      Last edited by Nick52284; 10-01-2014, 11:14 PM.

Comment

the biggest thing i am really surprised about is that i remember where most of the parts go and where i put them, most of the engine parts sat dormant in big crates for the last 5 years or so, this is my first ever build from the ground up, i'm taking my time and building and torqing to spec, i don't want a bomb when i finally start it.... lol

Nick

Comment

Awesome, glad to see this finally getting picked back up. Did you buy the heads assembled? I've heard horrible things about the assembled pro comp heads using super cheap parts. Everybody says get'em bare and put quality parts in and you're good to go. I've got a bare set awaiting build out but they're the smaller 180's I believe. Can't wait to see this bad boy up and running!

Good luck!
                          -Don
                          '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Originally posted by sick88tbird View Post
                            Awesome, glad to see this finally getting picked back up. Did you buy the heads assembled? I've heard horrible things about the assembled pro comp heads using super cheap parts. Everybody says get'em bare and put quality parts in and you're good to go. I've got a bare set awaiting build out but they're the smaller 180's I believe. Can't wait to see this bad boy up and running!

Good luck!
                            -Don
                            I thought I remembered reading on sbftech those pro comps were garbage, at least the older assembled ones.
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Yeah, the assembled ones apparently are. Not trying to rain one anybody's parade. Just looked at that invoice again and it looks like a Pro Comp shopping spree! I've had terrible results with their roller rockers...very inconsistent dimensionally.

Comment

Working...
                              X