Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok its been quite a while but the 347 - t5 swap is making progress!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up to what year rear end will fit a box? I'd like to get 31-spline in the '90 as I have delusions of grandeur for the future...

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
      Up to what year rear end will fit a box? I'd like to get 31-spline in the '90 as I have delusions of grandeur for the future...
      97. Only factory 31 spline that will fit is from a limo, good luck finding one.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

yep, limo-only thing. Not the most common. I have no idea what axles you use when they wear out either, but maybe you get lucky and its a truck part or something.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ok guys little update, the engine is going to be coming out one last time, it has a vibration and apparently i ordered an unbalanced rotating assembly, while its apart again i'm going to inspect the bearings and bores, make sure its all hunkey dory, also while it is apart i'm going to tear into the gears and get that done, maybe find a 31 spline rear if i can, if not the shop has a trac loc and 4.10's they said they would sell me cheap so i should be good to go! Spring Street Performance is a great place to deal with, even said i could work on my car there on sundays if i want, very cool people! once the weather breaks expect a lot more pics and progress!

Nick

Comment

this project is still alive! i did have the rotating assembly out and balanced, and its all back together, (the work was done by Spring Street Performance) i had lost the space to work on the car so i paid a little here and a little there, they were easy to work with and let me keep the car there the past 14 months! so yea, the engine is running like it should with no more smoking issues and its going be dyno'd next week! this car has been on and off the burner more times than chinese leftovers but its finally going to be finished soon! my brother took this video today after work

https://youtu.be/S9U0E6YRl3o

Nick

Comment

That MGM sounds awesome!!! And the body looks straight.

Comment

its getting there, still didn't hit the dyno yet but its been a very very slow process so far, lol, the next thing that i'm going to get done to it is a locking rear and 4.10 gears. then paint and a new top. its taking a long time but i'm happy to see that my vision for this car is finally coming together the body is very straight (only 2 dings) and the only rust on it is on top of the trunk lid on the inside from it sitting for so long and the condensation collecting in that little valley where it curves down towards the striker...

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick52284 View Post
                  its getting there, still didn't hit the dyno yet but its been a very very slow process so far, lol, the next thing that i'm going to get done to it is a locking rear and 4.10 gears. then paint and a new top. its taking a long time but i'm happy to see that my vision for this car is finally coming together the body is very straight (only 2 dings) and the only rust on it is on top of the trunk lid on the inside from it sitting for so long and the condensation collecting in that little valley where it curves down towards the striker...

Nick
                  Is this still a working project?

Comment

Working...
                  X