PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Ok its been quite a while but the 347 - t5 swap is making progress!!!

Cool! Is that a metal knob? Thay can be a little warm in the summer...AMHIK....
    Last edited by mitymerc; 11-07-2015 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Speeling

'10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

'91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

grand marq.net owns me Nick52284's Avatar

yea its a metal knob, its the only reasonably priced one i could find with a set screw to keep it from spinning that looked decent

It still is cool. I'd love to put a TKO in the blue car, but it is fundagely impossible @ this time...
    Last edited by mitymerc; 11-08-2015 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Speeling

'10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

'91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick52284 View Post
    i got the shifter situation figured out, i didn't want to spend close to 80 or more for a simple shifter stick from a market apparently monopolized by hurst, so i found an extension and a knob and a nice boot kit for a total of 54.00, i just have to screw the boot to the floor yet, i put it on before i started work today, lol. the boot kit was nice because the trim ring was already contoured to the shape of the trans tunnel for a nice fit!

Attachment 43924

Attachment 43925
    Back in early 70s roomed with a friend thats dad was an engineer for Hurst. I needed a different shifter for my Super Shifter II as under acceleratio I WAS AFRAID OF MISSING THIRD GEAR. His dad couldnt even get me a discont as emploies were only allowed 1 a year. Think the shift arm was 75 or 80 back then
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

just a small update! this project is far from dead, lol, management position has been taking A LOT of my time but rest assured this project is still moving along, right now the car is at a local speed shop that mainly deals with mustang drag cars, Spring Street Performance, they are going over the engine, tweaking and dialing it in, they are re-jetting the carb and then they are going to dyno-tune it for me, right now i have rear end parts in my various carts, i'm thinking 3.90 would be a fun ratio, would my pinion flange be a 30 spline by chance? i couldn't find the info on how many splines the factory pinion flange is. i can't wait to get her back and post some smokey burnout vids!

Nick

stock pinion flange should be the same spline as a stock mustang gt of the late 80s. I think it is 30.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

cool, thanks! the car did sit for a little while but i did put some miles on it when i could, i was just doing some research and i think i might go with c-clip eliminators as well, just to be safe, either that or jump on the rear disc swap, i just want to be safe should i break something or lose a c-clip if i get feisty, lol

Nick

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I think what you really want is a 31 spline limo rear. Maybe C-clip elimnate that, but fatter axles wouldn't hurt you much.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

well, i found a good used 28 spline trac lock for 129, a 3.90 gear set with master installation kit (all bearings, shims seals etc.. for 230, for a total of 372 with shipping, or if someone has a good bolt-in 31 spline rear they wanna sell for 2-250 i can go that route as well

Nick

shop junkyards for 90s Towncar limos. 31 spline 3.55 traction lock rear

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

Up to what year rear end will fit a box? I'd like to get 31-spline in the '90 as I have delusions of grandeur for the future...

Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
    Up to what year rear end will fit a box? I'd like to get 31-spline in the '90 as I have delusions of grandeur for the future...
    97. Only factory 31 spline that will fit is from a limo, good luck finding one.

yep, limo-only thing. Not the most common. I have no idea what axles you use when they wear out either, but maybe you get lucky and its a truck part or something.

ok guys little update, the engine is going to be coming out one last time, it has a vibration and apparently i ordered an unbalanced rotating assembly, while its apart again i'm going to inspect the bearings and bores, make sure its all hunkey dory, also while it is apart i'm going to tear into the gears and get that done, maybe find a 31 spline rear if i can, if not the shop has a trac loc and 4.10's they said they would sell me cheap so i should be good to go! Spring Street Performance is a great place to deal with, even said i could work on my car there on sundays if i want, very cool people! once the weather breaks expect a lot more pics and progress!

Nick

this project is still alive! i did have the rotating assembly out and balanced, and its all back together, (the work was done by Spring Street Performance) i had lost the space to work on the car so i paid a little here and a little there, they were easy to work with and let me keep the car there the past 14 months! so yea, the engine is running like it should with no more smoking issues and its going be dyno'd next week! this car has been on and off the burner more times than chinese leftovers but its finally going to be finished soon! my brother took this video today after work

https://youtu.be/S9U0E6YRl3o

Nick

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

That MGM sounds awesome!!! And the body looks straight.

its getting there, still didn't hit the dyno yet but its been a very very slow process so far, lol, the next thing that i'm going to get done to it is a locking rear and 4.10 gears. then paint and a new top. its taking a long time but i'm happy to see that my vision for this car is finally coming together the body is very straight (only 2 dings) and the only rust on it is on top of the trunk lid on the inside from it sitting for so long and the condensation collecting in that little valley where it curves down towards the striker...

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick52284 View Post
    its getting there, still didn't hit the dyno yet but its been a very very slow process so far, lol, the next thing that i'm going to get done to it is a locking rear and 4.10 gears. then paint and a new top. its taking a long time but i'm happy to see that my vision for this car is finally coming together the body is very straight (only 2 dings) and the only rust on it is on top of the trunk lid on the inside from it sitting for so long and the condensation collecting in that little valley where it curves down towards the striker...

Nick
    Is this still a working project?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011